Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2014 Ford Focus st and recently added an sct x4 tune to it..added one step colder spark plugs and a k&n air filter... so not to say it’s because of the tune or mods but on occasion (once every couple weeks) my car will almost stutter when I’m engaging first gear from neutral at a stop and a service engine now sign pops up... the car won’t accelerate very fast at this point so I pull over, turn the car off then on again and the service engine fault disappears... I tried scanning my car with an obdII scanner but nothing pops up.. (only happens from engaging first from a stop), any advice would be much appreciated

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,077 Posts
Try a different scanner. If it triggers a CEL then a code will be stored historically.

Reactions: GotAFoSTnSpeed6

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey I have a 2014 Ford Focus st and recently added an sct x4 tune to it..added one step colder spark plugs and a k&n air filter... so not to say it’s because of the tune or mods but on occasion (once every couple weeks) my car will almost stutter when I’m engaging first gear from neutral at a stop and a service engine now sign pops up... the car won’t accelerate very fast at this point so I pull over, turn the car off then on again and the service engine fault disappears... I tried scanning my car with an obdII scanner but nothing pops up.. (only happens from engaging first from a stop), any advice would be much appreciated
My car is a 2014 as well. Has done that every few months since the day I got it. The car doesn’t set a check engine light. Just says engine fault service now. The car runs rough and has no power. I can shut the car off and fire it back up immediately and the message is gone and back to normal. I took it to the dealer several times while it was still under warranty for this issue. Was told it was a glitch and they couldn’t duplicate it or fix it. I’m at 221k miles now and it still does it occasionally..

Reactions: TurboGT
1 - 4 of 4 Posts