Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the Quaife LSD and was thinking while I have the gearbox apart I would see what other things I could do. Anyone know of a sequential gear set for the gear box in the 2015 FoST? I have not seen anything in my searches so far.

·
Administrator
11,806 Posts
It's Speed Performance.
Actually Speed just coats and hardens the OEM synchros.

I believe MFactory was entertaining making CF synchros, I'm iffy on this though.

Yeah that sequential trans assembly was mad coin.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Call mountune. They claim to have a gear box upgrade for the RS. It also runs the MMT6 just has a output shaft for the awd. They probably wont give up who did the gears for it however

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quaife are the ones doing it.

QKE46Z

Ford Focus Mk3 ST250 (2WD) & RS (4WD) 5-Speed Sequential Gearkit

Please contact us for availability

Call for Price

**Coming soon**

Key features of the QKE46Z:
•Compatible with both ST250 2WD and RS 4WD gearboxes
•Gearkit reuses original bellhousing from donor gearbox
•Drum style shift mechanism for fast, reliable gear changes
•Retains OEM clutch, differential, driveshafts and mounts
•Optional Quaife ATB differential
•Strengthened outer casing
•5 wider than standard gears for additional strength
•Choice of straight cut or helical gear ratios, and 2 straight cut & 1 helical final drive options
•New generation of gearchange mechanism allows fitment into front or rear wheel drive configurations
•Compatible with flatshift systems
•Includes oil temprature sensor
•Supplied with either a manual lever and cable or air actuator for paddleshift

Gear Ratios:

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
3.000 2.067 1.556 1.263 1.087 Straight Cut
3.214 1.950 1.400 1.069 0.935 Helical

Fina Drive Ratios:

3.944 3.450 Straight Cut
3.542 Helical

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Quaife kit looks really awesome but I am sure the price will kill my enthusiasm for it. Maybe after I run out of other mods that make better sense I'll go down this route. Next up on my list is coil overs.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Most sequential kits are around $15k and higher.

That said, if the gear box is open, carbon syncro's could be an option if available.

Otherwise, you can send your gear sets off to WPC treatment in SoCal. It's a unique system that not only surface hardens the metal (via shot peen), it also deposits a thin lubrication into the metal surface for lower friction. Turn around is usually around a week. Slightly stronger gears, and less friction. That's a plus, but I'm not sure anything to that extent is really worth it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
When I spoke to Ken at Mountune in January he said they were going to be the importers for the trans. I don know if this changed, I didn't think to ask him at the last meet up. If I recall this thing was going to be about $8k. Definitely race only kind of money.

That being said, given how fast a sequential trans is, a factory turbo tuned ST could probably punch way above it's weight class and take down some heavy hitters. I think the time lost with our slow shifting trans hurts us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I spoke to Ken at Mountune in January he said they were going to be the importers for the trans. I don know if this changed, I didn't think to ask him at the last meet up. If I recall this thing was going to be about $8k. Definitely race only kind of money.

That being said, given how fast a sequential trans is, a factory turbo tuned ST could probably punch way above it's weight class and take down some heavy hitters. I think the time lost with our slow shifting trans hurts us.
$8K would be reasonable for that I think, I was looking at the gear ratios and I do not think would be useable as a daily driver. I am curious to see if Ford will ever offer something better in the way of maybe going to a dual clutch trans in the ST/RS's.

I agree the current trans is such a slow shifter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts