Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm planning on going BT and working with a local shop to do the install and possibly do my tune... the only hiccup is they tune with 'HP Tuners' meaning I'd have to sell my AP3 and pickup a nGauge unit...

What's everyone's thought process on this? I really don't know much about HP tuners or nGauge, I'm assuming it's all about the same, but it looks like the number of tuners are dramatically reduced, if I decide to go another route later on.

Here's the shinny from the installer/tuner I'm talking to here locally in Tampa, Florida

------

"My tuning process is not a one and done ordeal. There are revisions that may have to be made to perfect driveability and over all comfort to fully adapt to your driving style. Every tune package includes 3 additional street performance and/or driveability calibration sessions with 3 months of support at no extra cost.

Tuning for an additional fuel type adds $75 to the base calibration cost. I use HP Tuners for all Ford & GM cars, the COBB will be obsolete once tuned with HPT. I suggest to all of my Ford customers that they sell the AP and replace it with the nGauge. Same principal as the AP, fully compatible with HPT, can store & load as many tunes as you want, has more features and a cleaner look/install than the AP. Please see the link and pictures below."

e-Motion Products LLC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I would ask what revisions cost after 3 months. 3 months isn't long in the life of your car considering with an AP you can get revisions fromyourtuner included in a package that could be anytime, but won't have the same real application characteristics of a dynotune.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh... now you see my predicament, that's a good thought though, I'll ask about additional revisions

·
Registered
255 Posts
Also if the tuner leaves, are there any other tuners that use that NGauge thing? Lots of tuners use Cobb. Just based off looking at their websites I'd use Cobb.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Why not get tuned with HPT through nGauge through Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning. Custom BT tune with free revisions for life! And its a Torrie Tune!

If tuning on the rollers is a must, he also does remote dyno tuning!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not get tuned with HPT through nGauge through Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning. Custom BT tune with free revisions for life! And its a Torrie Tune!

If tuning on the rollers is a must, he also does remote dyno tuning!
That was gonna be my second idea as a backup, I think Torrie is the only reputable SCT/HPT e-tuner out there... I might have to contact him and see what advantages there is to switching to HPT over COBB besides just who is tuning the car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm getting ready to switch to HPT... Through Shootertuned LLC... Look him up on Facebook. He'll tell ya all you need to know about HPT and N Guage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
So I'm planning on going BT and working with a local shop to do the install and possibly do my tune... the only hiccup is they tune with 'HP Tuners' meaning I'd have to sell my AP3 and pickup a nGauge unit...

What's everyone's thought process on this? I really don't know much about HP tuners or nGauge, I'm assuming it's all about the same, but it looks like the number of tuners are dramatically reduced, if I decide to go another route later on.

Here's the shinny from the installer/tuner I'm talking to here locally in Tampa, Florida

------

"My tuning process is not a one and done ordeal. There are revisions that may have to be made to perfect driveability and over all comfort to fully adapt to your driving style. Every tune package includes 3 additional street performance and/or driveability calibration sessions with 3 months of support at no extra cost.

Tuning for an additional fuel type adds $75 to the base calibration cost. I use HP Tuners for all Ford & GM cars, the COBB will be obsolete once tuned with HPT. I suggest to all of my Ford customers that they sell the AP and replace it with the nGauge. Same principal as the AP, fully compatible with HPT, can store & load as many tunes as you want, has more features and a cleaner look/install than the AP. Please see the link and pictures below."

e-Motion Products LLC

So what did you end up doing? Just curious...

·
Registered
56 Posts
:( traded my Focus for a new family SUV. So no big turbo for me.

I get it... I had to get rid of my built DA Integra back in the day to get a more family friendly car.... Sucks... But you gotta do what ya gotta do....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts