Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm starting off a little backwards. I already have full bolt-ons, BT, aux fueling, etc.... I just bought AccessTuner and did the training and was wanting to start tuning. I know you should start with a stock car and go from there, but obviously that isn't happening. Can I take a Cobb Stage 3 tune and modify from there? I can unplug my aux fuel and start with a 93 pump tune, but what about my BT? Where can I find info for the GTX2971? I've been doing Google searches, etc and still can't find anything.

Any help would be great! Once again, I know this would be easier on a bone stock car, but I can't go back! LOL

·
Registered
613 Posts
lol, I don't think BT with aux fueling is a place to 'start learning to tune' at all. I'm not an expert by any means on the ST, but when going BT you're going to start using a lot more Cobb custom features/code and it's going to be drastically different than a stage 3 OTS tune or any tune using stock turbo. If you can find an unlocked BT tune.... you could probably set that to 0 WGDC/spring pressure, safe AFR target and go from there. But seems like a very dangerous idea if you don't know what you're doing.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, I don't think BT with aux fueling is a place to 'start learning to tune' at all. I'm not an expert by any means on the ST, but when going BT you're going to start using a lot more Cobb custom features/code and it's going to be drastically different than a stage 3 OTS tune or any tune using stock turbo. If you can find an unlocked BT tune.... you could probably set that to 0 WGDC/spring pressure, safe AFR target and go from there. But seems like a very dangerous idea if you don't know what you're doing.
I agree 100%, but I don't really have a choice unless I buy and install a stock turbo! I can turn off the aux fueling no problem and go back to 93 pump gas tune, but the BT isn't going to come off. I've already asked about an unlocked BT tune and that isn't going to happen. I thought if I was able to get the info on the turbo itself and do what you said with WGDC it would be a start. I'll just have to set it very safe and work slowly and watch logs like a hawk!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts