Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I am an engineer at Dmax-ltd... home of the diesel chevy engine. But cannot bring my self to buy a GM product(raised with fords) bought german/japanese before this.

but anyways,

Figured i would make a build thread just so i can keep track of all the things i have and what i need to order!

Updated(2/16/17)
Here are my plans:
Redline hood struts (Installed)
Rally armor mudflaps (Installing on 2/20/17)
mishimoto shift handle (Installed)
Velossa tech wing raisers (Installing on 2/20/17)
DMB ST overlays (Installed)
Steeda Sound symposer delete (Installing on 2/20/17)
Steeda Oil separator kit (Installing on 2/20/17)
Roush intake (Waiting to be shipped)
25% all around except windshield (Installed)
CPE stage 2 RMM (coming soon)
Damond stage 1 OCC (coming soon)
Accessport (coming soon)
Eibach springs (coming soon)
Eibach sway bars (coming soon)
Levels FMIC/DP/Tial BOV (coming soon)
Injen/MBRP CBE (coming soon)
Dyno tune/e30 tune(not sure on who i am going through yet tuning wise) (coming soon)
gram lights 57xtreme (coming soon)
Koni Yellow shocks (coming soon)
Street scene front lip & side splitters (coming soon)
LED headlights/turnsignals/fog conversion via the retrofit source (coming soon)
RS style vivid racing carbon fiber hood (coming soon)

Will be installing in batches when i have time... i work 6-7 days a week 12-14 hours a day so wont have too much time. However, i will still be ordering!

Future work
Forged internals/DHM 2.0L block if i can ever get them to respond with information on this..
GTX2867R with EWG
Wrapping the car
Some sort of 6 piston brake kit w/ stainless lines.. not sure if wilwood kit or piecing together my own kit(if possible)

Goals: i want a very reliable daily driver out of this car... 350 whp on a semi-conservative tune. I also plan on taking it on trips, auto-X, road courses... etc. And i want to make this car so that it will take a beating every day and last 200k+ miles which is why i'm doing the engine build.

Thanks all for reading!!

Respectfully,
Mike

Pictures:
0118171237_HDR_resized.jpg 0118171237_resized.jpg 0118171237b_resized.jpg 0118171703_resized.jpg 0124171536_resized.jpg 0124171549_resized.jpg 0131171416_resized.jpg 0203170340_resized.jpg

·
Registered
816 Posts
Good plan! I'm taking a similar route as well, just piecing mine together ever so slowly. I know for brakes a lot of people go with the Wilwood setup, but you can always look into getting the RS brembos. Should be a direct fit and save you some money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! and yeah i figured there was more options than just wilwood. Although the wilwood option is attractive.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Big plans! I recommend going Aux fuel if you are wanting some E in your life. I am going the meth route due to not wanting to make huge power numbers. But good luck on your installs!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of #s are you looking for? I also am only planning 350ish. Just figured E would be easier and it has a tad bit better cooling/cleaning properties

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hood struts installed.. wasn't too bad. Definitely would have been easier towards the end to have a second person but regardless! its done! shift knob also installed. Steeda symposer delete, oil separator, rally armor mudflaps, DMB overlays... all ready to be installed when i get the time.

New plan. Will be running Steeda oil separator and Damond stage 1 OCC.. need to put the Damond stage 1 OCC on order asap. hopefully all will be installed by end of February. I'd like to have Eibach springs/sways, CPE stage 2 rmm, levels FMIC + tial BOV, roush intake (found deal on lightly used one not to far from me) all ordered / installed by march.

Now also debating whether i should buy internals or suck it up and buy a DHM 2.0L block...

·
Administrator
11,910 Posts
Hood struts installed.. wasn't too bad. Definitely would have been easier towards the end to have a second person but regardless! its done! shift knob also installed. Steeda symposer delete, oil separator, rally armor mudflaps, DMB overlays... all ready to be installed when i get the time.

New plan. Will be running Steeda oil separator and Damond stage 1 OCC.. need to put the Damond stage 1 OCC on order asap. hopefully all will be installed by end of February. I'd like to have Eibach springs/sways, CPE stage 2 rmm, levels FMIC + tial BOV, roush intake (found deal on lightly used one not to far from me) all ordered / installed by march.

Now also debating whether i should buy internals or suck it up and buy a DHM 2.0L block...
If you are going Damond (which i prefer) dont get colored hoses, they dont seem to hold up as long as the black do.

How much power are you looking to make? The upper hp for our stock motors, without user error, is normally the low 410's-ish whp.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are going Damond (which i prefer) dont get colored hoses, they dont seem to hold up as long as the black do.

How much power are you looking to make? The upper hp for our stock motors, without user error, is normally the low 410's-ish whp.
350ish... but for me the motor build is "peace-of-mind" for 250k miles as i plan to keep this car until it blows up/falls apart. this will be my fun daily and here in a few years i will pick up an rx7 or 90s NSX for a project car.

·
Administrator
11,910 Posts
350ish... but for me the motor build is "peace-of-mind" for 250k miles as i plan to keep this car until it blows up/falls apart. this will be my fun daily and here in a few years i will pick up an rx7 or 90s NSX for a project car.
Cool, yeah I DD my ST, just hit 60k on her actually. I hear yah on the reliability part. Im torn between pushing her into the 400whp with a big turbo, or throwing rods and pistons in her now then doing it. Idk. Its a tough call, lol.

Reactions: kshatt06

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, yeah I DD my ST, just hit 60k on her actually. I hear yah on the reliability part. Im torn between pushing her into the 400whp with a big turbo, or throwing rods and pistons in her now then doing it. Idk. Its a tough call, lol.
gogo rods and pistons! That's the weak point of the engine, correct? pistons/rods? So am i safe just going with that or is sleeving and the whole 9 yards necessary?

What turbo are you going with btw?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Btw after looking at your build thread.. Totes jelly. Aside from that... how do you like your koni yellows? im torn between springs / koni yellows and just going with some billsteins or BC coilovers.. the stiffness is attractive of the coils but the maintenance of the yellows/springs is... nice.

How do you like the agency power CBE?

·
Administrator
11,910 Posts
gogo rods and pistons! That's the weak point of the engine, correct? pistons/rods? So am i safe just going with that or is sleeving and the whole 9 yards necessary?

What turbo are you going with btw?
Weakpoint is ringlands, but while you are in there mine as well go rods as well.

Since I already have a sweet downpipe and set-up in general, a bolt-in turbo is what I want.

So probably a GTX2971r.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Weakpoint is ringlands, but while you are in there mine as well go rods as well.

Since I already have a sweet downpipe and set-up in general, a bolt-in turbo is what I want.

So probably a GTX2971r.
oh don't say it so "subbie" like... ringlands.. ew. XD anyways..

why not a GTX2867R?

·
Administrator
11,910 Posts
oh don't say it so "subbie" like... ringlands.. ew. XD anyways..

why not a GTX2867R?
I'd get bored of it, and would replace it.

I dont want to run E due to the distances I commute. So aux fuel would initially be extra fuel injectors, pump gas to get me to the 400whp range with the GTX2971r. Then I will get bored, and get a built motor, then go bigger and wmi.

Buying parts more than once is never my thing. It happens, but I always plan for the future. The 2867r is great for our stock motors, but once they are built it will puff out. Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd get bored of it, and would replace it.

I dont want to run E due to the distances I commute. So aux fuel would initially be extra fuel injectors, pump gas to get me to the 400whp range with the GTX2971r. Then I will get bored, and get a built motor, then go bigger and wmi.

Buying parts more than once is never my thing. It happens, but I always plan for the future. The 2867r is great for our stock motors, but once they are built it will puff out. Buy once, cry once.
they only puff out if you continue building power ;) i think for my power the 2867 is a perfect option!

·
Administrator
11,910 Posts
they only puff out if you continue building power ;) i think for my power the 2867 is a perfect option!
For what you are looking for, yes it is the perfect turbo, with some room to grow.

I on the other hand, have been talking to people I shouldn't be, and now have aspirations to pass my original goals of just a 375whp DD, lol.

So I was once in your shoes, but now I want more. The endless struggle.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For what you are looking for, yes it is the perfect turbo, with some room to grow.

I on the other hand, have been talking to people I shouldn't be, and now have aspirations to pass my original goals of just a 375whp DD, lol.

So I was once in your shoes, but now I want more. The endless struggle.
See thats why im getting a project car!! so i can not go past my daily goals! lol but i fully encourage others doing so! i believe in you!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
20% tint all around except windshield... absolutely love it.. and for $140 w/ a lifetime warranty.. cant beat it.

Mods to be installed monday:
Velossatech wing raisers
Rally armor mud flaps
DMB ST overlays
Steeda oil catch can

excited! 0211171638_resized.jpg 0211171639_resized.jpg

1 - 20 of 34 Posts