Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently picked up a full set of Recaro seats from a junkyard relatively cheap and I was wondering if anyone knows how to fully disassemble all of the seats (front and back). I would like to swap some of the parts from my ST1 seats being that the ST2 seats aren't perfect but are worth the money I paid for them.

What I would like to interchange:
- Front drivers track (screwed up from removal) and swap the passenger one while Im at it.
- Rear seat internals (ST2 seats are slightly bent from accident.)
- Remove the ST2 partial leather from the seat foam to clean the foam underneath.

I've looked through these forums and haven't found anything close to what I'm looking to do. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Hey guys,

I recently picked up a full set of Recaro seats from a junkyard relatively cheap and I was wondering if anyone knows how to fully disassemble all of the seats (front and back). I would like to swap some of the parts from my ST1 seats being that the ST2 seats aren't perfect but are worth the money I paid for them.

What I would like to interchange:
- Front drivers track (screwed up from removal) and swap the passenger one while Im at it.
- Rear seat internals (ST2 seats are slightly bent from accident.)
- Remove the ST2 partial leather from the seat foam to clean the foam underneath.

I've looked through these forums and haven't found anything close to what I'm looking to do. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!
Check here: http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-guides/14996-focus-st-titanium-seat-swap-front-seats-3.html

·
Registered
704 Posts
When I modified my ST1 seat, the ST2/3 "how to's" were only partly helpful. They are very different under the cover, so it would be custom work and luck as to how well you can get them to fit together. I imagine the rails would interchange as there's no need to spend money making two different rails, particularly where the lower piece would have to be the same anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@elyk864 Ill check out that thread, thanks
@Duchess I understand what your saying but all the pieces I want to change look to also be on the ST1 seats. I looked at the rails for the ST1 seats and the ST2 and they look identical, Im just looking to swap the ST2 rails with my ST1 seat rails because they slide much better. I wouldn't be spending anything unless I needed some bolts both ST1 and ST2 seats are manual and the same model year. The rear seats are pretty much identical also with the exception of the different cover being partial leather and yellow, I was thinking hey just swap the cover of the rear seats but I dont want to play trial and error on it and probably screw it up permanently.

·
Registered
704 Posts
If it's just the covers and rails, they might just straight swap. For some reason I thought you were going to try to swap internal parts or something because, while the shapes may be about the same, the way the bolsters and such are built underneath are different (ST1 is just shaped foam where the Recaros have multiple parts).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts