Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 6870 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the tune from Torrie at Unleashed tonight. The weather was pretty good in the low 60's. I have ran 93 since I bought the car off the showroom floor. This custom tune is the real deal. I can attest to the fact that 1st gear is just spent roasting them. If you shift quick going into second I was able to get them spinning about half way through it before it hooked. The seat of the pants feel so far is just totally different. Like another user said after this tune, when I first got the car it felt like a peppy quick car. Now its pretty beastly with just gobs of torque from 3500 all the way up to 6000.

I am patiently waiting now to see what kind of numbers he gets from his downpipe. Eventually I want to see more numbers from full exhaust kits too. Also, CAI and what not.

This is easily worth the $400. I am coming from NA 4v Mustangs (03 Mach I), you can't get this kind of power from a single mod without going to a power adder. What a blast!

I will report back what kind of mileage I am getting with it as well. I drive about a hundred miles a day so I will know soon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Crow I have had the tune for quite some time and completely agree - This tune IS the real deal and is the single best $399 performance mod you can do for your car.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
:whs:

Actually, I believe I said that a month ago when I added it. No complaints, and Torrie is a stand up guy who answers questions and supports this community with his presence and advice. A big A+ to Torrie and Unleashed from me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have had the tune for 2 days now but i cant really see much of a difference, maybe im not getting on it enough... The only way im spinning is if i drop the clutch at 3000 rpm... Or maybe i wasnt driving the stock tune like i am this one....

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have had the tune for 2 days now but i cant really see much of a difference, maybe im not getting on it enough... The only way im spinning is if i drop the clutch at 3000 rpm... Or maybe i wasnt driving the stock tune like i am this one....
If after 2 days you cant notice a difference a) something messed up and you really didn't flash it, b) you're not getting on it enough - Just put the hammer down and enjoy, you will tell the difference immediately

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
If after 2 days you cant notice a difference a) something messed up and you really didn't flash it, b) you're not getting on it enough - Just put the hammer down and enjoy, you will tell the difference immediately
Really? Weird. It was instantly noticeable for me. I had to adjust my launches (easier on the gas) else I was easily spinning (driving like I was without the tune). Maybe you should try returning to stock and go through the whole, SCT firmware software checker, reload the tune file, and re-flash the tune.

Or better yet, contact Torrie who can have you check things with the SCT on your car (confirm it's installed and all is well). I just can't believe you can't notice if you got it installed correctly (and, hopefully, are running the required 93 Octane fuel?)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah I'm running 93 octane. I returned it in stock and then I reloaded the tune and I did notice a big difference now When i hit rhe gas I can see the boost gauge go a lot further than before. But I guess I'm just used to takin off slow since i have the 88 rear mount.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeah I'm running 93 octane. I returned it in stock and then I reloaded the tune and I did notice a big difference now When i hit rhe gas I can see the boost gauge go a lot further than before. But I guess I'm just used to takin off slow since i have the 88 rear mount.
Now I'm seriously confused.. you take off slow because you have the most firm engine mount - the one designed for track use and drag racing? Don't we beef that thing up so we can take off with all abandon and reduce wheel hop, engine bag, etc.?

Wait a sec... do you happen to be female, or drive one around constantly? You enjoy that serious low RPM vibration, don't you?!
(in my best Howard Stern/Private Parts impression - while the chick is straddling the huge home speaker (bass turned way up mind you) -
BbbbbbrrbbBRbRBbbRrrrbbRrbRRRR

:big smile:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Haha no I'm def not a chick but yes it's my daily driver. I drive in stop and go traffic and I have to start slow but when I see an opening I go for it. Haha. I trust my passport 9500ix with my life lol.

·
Registered
97 Posts
However I do like the vibrations haha makes me feel like I'm driving around with a big block under the hood hahahaha.

·
Registered
571 Posts
just got mine finished tonight and .... wow.... this is what this car needed. Torrie did a great job! Not going to get on it too much till i decide on a motor mount.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
just got mine finished tonight and .... wow.... this is what this car needed. Torrie did a great job! Not going to get on it too much till i decide on a motor mount.
Thanks Brandon !

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You can get on it, just try to avoid stomping it from a rest. Downshifting and stomping it to pass, etc is better than most amusement park rides! All that extra torque makes the car pull 30-50, 50-70+ so much better (more fun!).

·
Registered
571 Posts
You can get on it, just try to avoid stomping it from a rest. Downshifting and stomping it to pass, etc is better than most amusement park rides! All that extra torque makes the car pull 30-50, 50-70+ so much better (more fun!).
ITS SOOOOOOOO HARD NOT TO LAUNCH IT NOW AND THEN ..... LOL but good advice never the less .... Loving every minute.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a tuner from Torrie yesterday, i should have it today. Ill post up on how it is when it gets here. Thanks for all your help.
-Chris

·
Registered
299 Posts
All these people with tunes and mods and no one has a camera to make a video for everyone to see the difference from stock to tuned, or the different sound with intake exhaust etc?

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
All these people with tunes and mods and no one has a camera to make a video for everyone to see the difference from stock to tuned, or the different sound with intake exhaust etc?
They may have already spent all of their money on mods and don't have money for a camera. LOL.

1 - 20 of 6870 Posts