Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which one would you buy if lets say your only going to do a cold air box,2.3 mustang T/B, cat back exh and then down the road a better air charge cooler and maybe some cac hot/cold tube/hoses?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
So which one would you buy if lets say your only going to do a cold air box,2.3 mustang T/B, cat back exh and then down the road a better air charge cooler and maybe some cac hot/cold tube/hoses?

I'd get the cobb for sure. But honestly you're better off just getting a filter and an intercooler so you can put down consistent power.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The COBB has more options when it comes to reliable tuners.
Panda
Stratified
and others.

Edited to remove Unleashed as I incorrectly stated that they use the COBB AP

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
104 Posts
Agree with above 3. One correction, Unleashed is SCT only - not Cobb.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you get a SCT, go with Unleashed, everyone says Torrie is awesome to work with.
I went with Cobb and Stratified, just thought the Cobb had more options at the time.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
And if you get a Cobb AP I would say stratified, jst,and freektune are at the top of the list. I'm tuned by Brian at JST. His customer service is second to none. From what I've heard of other people's experiences and from my own experiences you beget revisions in hours. Even while he's on vacation. And the lifetime tune is a great option. I jumped right in and stage 3 however.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The COBB has more options when it comes to reliable tuners.
Unleashed———Delete
Panda
Stratified
and others.
Sorry man have to disagree been running unleashed sct livewire and couldn’t be happier....unless you have used every tuning company out thrrr your statement is pretty ignorant

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
104 Posts
He’s just listing available tuners for Cobb AP. Correct me if I’m wrong but the only popular tuners SCT exclusive is Steeda and Unleashed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
He’s just listing available tuners for Cobb AP. Correct me if I’m wrong but the only popular tuners SCT exclusive is Steeda and Unleashed.
He had put delete next tr unleashed....if I read it wrong my bad....Im just not a fan of Cobb ill leave my bias off of it. However between the tuners Ive dealt with both Unleashed and Strat, and bar none my unleashed tune was best bang for buck....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry man have to disagree been running unleashed sct livewire and couldn’t be happier....unless you have used every tuning company out thrrr your statement is pretty ignorant
Matt, I think you misinterpreted what I meant. I put DELETE because Unleashed doesn’t use the Cobb AP (As advised by AndroidOWSP earlier)
Earlier post now edited.
Ignorant is pretty harsh.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can we get back to the orig posting? which tuner for a basically stock ST. Plug and play, no custom tune at this time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would just buy the Cobb AP from Stratified and enjoy.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
104 Posts
Hey OP, you should seriously consider getting an intercooler. Depot racing 3.5” for $350 is huge upgrade over oem

I’ve had steeda and unleashed with SCT x3. Torrie from Unleashed customer service is amazing. His response time is second to none.
I moved the Cobb AP as I prefer it over the SCT x3 for the real time monitoring. I can’t speak for SCT x4 as I’ve never had it.

On Cobb AP3 I’ve had Stratified and now JST.
Both tuners are great but I liked JSTs fast response time and his customer service. Reminds me of Unleashed.

I still have the SCT x3. Pm me if you want it. It’s just sitting around. I believe SCT x3 is good for focus st 2013-2014 only though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey OP, you should seriously consider getting an intercooler. Depot racing 3.5” for $350 is huge upgrade over oem

I’ve had steeda and unleashed with SCT x3. Torrie from Unleashed customer service is amazing. His response time is second to none.
I moved the Cobb AP as I prefer it over the SCT x3 for the real time monitoring. I can’t speak for SCT x4 as I’ve never had it.

On Cobb AP3 I’ve had Stratified and now JST.
Both tuners are great but I liked JSTs fast response time and his customer service. Reminds me of Unleashed.

I still have the SCT x3. Pm me if you want it. It’s just sitting around. I believe SCT x3 is good for focus st 2013-2014 only though.
[/Q

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn, mines an 18. So cooler is a top upgrade. Maybe with my next side job. So you recommend cooler before the tuner?

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
104 Posts
Unleashed will adjust tune for you for free. Others will charge small fee.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Small? some of them are 150 a pop. Steeda has a tuner/lifetime update package.

So does jst. Just do your research. Call them if you want most will have a conversation with you. All the tuners mentioned above are at the top of their game. I also would recommend an intercooler it will help tremendously even on the Stock tune with consistency.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So does jst. Just do your research. Call them if you want most will have a conversation with you. All the tuners mentioned above are at the top of their game. I also would recommend an intercooler it will help tremendously even on the Stock tune with consistency.
Ok will look into the. But sounding kike the cooler is my best spent money at this time?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts