Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain to me how Sct ignition correction numbers work? I see how cobb does it and I understand it. However when I data log mine with my x4 I get numbers between 0 and 40. What does a knock look like?

I really don't want to bother my tuner. Just want some more information.

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
Can someone explain to me how Sct ignition correction numbers work? I see how cobb does it and I understand it. However when I data log mine with my x4 I get numbers between 0 and 40. What does a knock look like?

I really don't want to bother my tuner. Just want some more information.
Ugh, I hate SCT logs. They dont really spell anything out easily. Makes you wonder what data the tuners are using.

I'm in the same boat. I thought I had a grasp on it, but it appears I may be wrong. Gotta do more research.

Glad I went AP3 for the focus, i use SCT for my other fords without AP3 support.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugh, I hate SCT logs. They dont really spell anything out easily. Makes you wonder what data the tuners are using.

I'm in the same boat. I thought I had a grasp on it, but it appears I may be wrong. Gotta do more research.

Glad I went AP3 for the focus, i use SCT for my other fords without AP3 support.
I've searched everywhere and can't get a definitive answer. It's definitely frustrating.

·
Registered
306 Posts
What is the name of the item(s) you are logging? Are you using the included items on the X4 or did you add a configuration file from livelink?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a config file from my tuner. The ones I'm talking about are ign correction cyl 1,2,3, and 4.

What is the name of the item(s) you are logging? Are you using the included items on the X4 or did you add a configuration file from livelink?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a config file from my tuner. The ones I'm talking about are ign correction cyl 1,2,3, and 4.
Those will not display numbers from 0-40 if the file was set up properly. The ignition correction parameters are direct memory reads from the pcm. That means that they are strategy specific. If the configuration file is for a different strategy, the file will not be correct. What is the strategy of your car and what is the strategy in the configuration file?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those will not display numbers from 0-40 if the file was set up properly. The ignition correction parameters are direct memory reads from the pcm. That means that they are strategy specific. If the configuration file is for a different strategy, the file will not be correct. What is the strategy of your car and what is the strategy in the configuration file?
When I get a minute to look at the files I'll let you know. I use my kids pc. He's currently playing minecraft 😂. I would assume it has to be for my strategy. Everything else reads correctly. I'll get a screen shot of it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
When I get a minute to look at the files I'll let you know. I use my kids pc. He's currently playing minecraft 😂. I would assume it has to be for my strategy. Everything else reads correctly. I'll get a screen shot of it.
TC button not engaging i have some datalogs in here if you want to take a look i use sct livewirets i assume its the same thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts