Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
It fixes the incorrect vehicle error on this controller. You can also elect to do nothing if you are good currently.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am right as the mail......... Spoken as Doc Holiday in Tombstone

It's just a Hairdryer

·
Registered
96 Posts
Uninstalled the program came the CD. installed the program link above. Firmware successfully updated with no issues. using windows XP pro platform:wink:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I can't get the firmware updated on my device. Like Jeff, the auto updater just runs forever with no progress on the green bar. It says .151 is available and that the device needs to be updated, but it's not working. I uninstalled the original Auto Update software and reinstalled, twice, from the link at the start of the thread.

My device is recognized, but it still won't update the FW. I've already re-flashed to stock, but now I seem to have a $400 paperweight and no tune(s). Yes, the device is recognized by my computer (Win 8 - which is the same computer I used initially to set up the device, including a FW update right after receiving my device back in October). But now it seems I have no tune files on it. And where-ever I put the original tune I got from Torrie back in October, I can't find it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Worked like a charm, running Windows 7.

1. Returned vehicle to stock.
2. Downloaded the SCT Device Updater Software and installed it (link in first post in thread, version # is 2.9.8.45).
3. Connect X3 to computer.
4. Ran SCT software, selected "Automatically Check for Updates".
5. SCT Software found the 151 update and then select the apply button.
6. Once completed, reconnect device to car, uploaded the beta tune.

Interestingly, I was experiencing a slight surge occassionally, and a slightly lumpy idle, but this appears to be all resolved now ??

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hey Torrie,

I did email you earlier (Scott). Then I returned my car to stock tune (from the original tune) and attempted to update the SCT Firmware. At first my computer wouldn't recognize the device when I plugged it in (though I used this same computer when I originally ran the software, updated the FW, and installed my tune file). After reinstalling the SCT Updater software, AND the SCT drivers several times the software finally "saw" the device and the auto-updater noted I needed the firmware update. But when I clicked OK/Apply, or whatever it says it simply hangs like it's doing something, but doesn't update. (same as at least a couple others on this topic). I started the update using the software, and after several minutes I took a shower, etc., and no change to the status - still "running". I unplugged and replugged it in and restarted the auto-update a half dozen times with no change.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
OK. Finally. Got the FW updated. In checking Device Manager, I was noticing the driver wasn't always loading when I plugged in the device. So though it would be recognized, the driver wouldn't load and allow it to communicate properly I guess. After a few time reinstalling the driver for the SCT from Device Manager, it finally held and the auto-update worked fine!

My device is updated to 1.2.151 Firmware!

Now I need the latest tune to install once again!

Torrie, I emailed you earlier today (Scott). I sent my device SN and every other number the device has. If you could send me the latest 93 OCT tune I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
OK. Finally. Got the FW updated. In checking Device Manager, I was noticing the driver wasn't always loading when I plugged in the device. So though it would be recognized, the driver wouldn't load and allow it to communicate properly I guess. After a few time reinstalling the driver for the SCT from Device Manager, it finally held and the auto-update worked fine!

My device is updated to 1.2.151 Firmware!

Now I need the latest tune to install once again!

Torrie, I emailed you earlier today (Scott). I sent my device SN and every other number the device has. If you could send me the latest 93 OCT tune I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
I just uninstalled and reinstalled the SCT driver and my handheld finally took the new firmware update. Thanks for the tip!

My device still has the tunes that I previously had on them though. How did you lose yours?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I just uninstalled and reinstalled the SCT driver and my handheld finally took the new firmware update. Thanks for the tip!

My device still has the tunes that I previously had on them though. How did you lose yours?
Honestly, I don't know if I did lose them from the device. What I meant was I lost where I had stored the tune file on my PC. lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the update tonight. I was worried too for abit as the update for .151 stayed in the same spot for 15mins trying to update thru the SCT updater. I exited the update and switched USB port and checked for for updates and continued to update to .151 and it did it 60 sec. ST all flashed back with update and again Torrie is the man. - Cheers...

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Trying to upload the 1.2.157 firmware right now. Tuner has been hung up for an hour. I have the latest Updater and Livelink.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
If the progress bar has not moved in an hour I would power it down and start over. If it bricks it you will have to contact tech support to have it reformatted.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts