Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my ST back in October, i told pretty much everyone that I wasn't going to mod this car... well, since completely failed at that, i figured, what the heck, might as well embrace my failure and build another highly customized vehicle... much to my wife's dismay...

As it stands, I already had a MRT exhaust, JBR RMM, a TT upper mount, and a Cobb AP tune...

Now I really LOVED the MRT 2012 SEMA vehicle... a 2013 Fusion:

I decide to steal a number of elements from the MRT Fusion and incorporate them into my ST... That whole imitation is the sincerest form of flattery thing! ;)

That being said I... I came of with a couple of rough photochops and shared them with Scott from MRT. Now, I'm on a limited budget, so this isn't a full out SEMA build... so I'll have to do things like reuse the stock wheels... ;)

Here are my poor attempt at photoshop:

Last week we discussed the project and Scott agreed it would be pretty cool... Last Saturday we kicked off the projects by installing the hood vents, which some of you have seen and commented on...

Very happy how they turned out!

Yesterday, I was once again back at MRT to drop the ST off for the next step, PAINT! Scott and I finalized the paint layout. One thing that Scott is changing from my photoshops is he is going to put a grey border around the red, just like he did on the Fusion. It will make the transition from black to red less harsh. He is also going to have the red slightly narrower.

Here is a horribly crappy cell pic as we were laying out some of the tape:

Now, one thing I didn't photoshop was the interior. For the interior, we are going to do the center stack in red... depending on where we are in my limited budget we may do the pieces in the hydrographic carbon fiber... The other thing Scott is going to investigate the front door panels... We weren't sure if the panels can easily be removed...

So now the hard part... WAITING!!! The ST should be heading to the paint booth this week. Scott will be sending me update photos and I'll be sure to post them here....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sounds awesome! I can't wait to see the results

·
Registered
462 Posts
Have or did you consider making the hood vents tuxedo black (I have no photoshop experience). Might be a nice offset.

Coming along nicely I must add. Can't wait to see the real thing.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Your photoshop immediately made me think of a laguna seca boss 302. Interested to see where this goes.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have or did you consider making the hood vents tuxedo black (I have no photoshop experience). Might be a nice offset.

Coming along nicely I must add. Can't wait to see the real thing.
Thanks! Yeah, i photoshoped the vents black... really didn't care for the look.... but definitely thank you for the feedback!

Your photoshop immediately made me think of a laguna seca boss 302. Interested to see where this goes.
Funny you should say that because that is EXACTLY where the idea started!!! ;)

So the Leguna Seca sparked the idea... then then I figured we would incorporate some of the MRT Fusion styling, mainly the hood... So last week when I was at at MRT, i casually asked, "How would you feel about building the MRT Leguna Seca ST?" Scott just got a BIG SMILE! LOL!

First step was appearance... next will be lowering and then 3rd will be some more performance.... hoping to have most of it wrapped up by Spring.

Should have some update pictures later this week....

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Needs some FLAMES!!!!!! and Machine guns.... J/K

Looks pretty cool if ya ask me, Defenitly stand out from a crowd, but also means you can never ever be mistaken from the cops lol.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Needs some FLAMES!!!!!! and Machine guns.... J/K

Looks pretty cool if ya ask me, Defenitly stand out from a crowd, but also means you can never ever be mistaken from the cops lol.
I like FLAMES!! One of my previous cars... 2005 Screaming Yellow Mustang:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
462 Posts
Whoooo hooooo!!!!! I'm getting excited for you Scrming. Can't wait brutha, can't wait. I talked to a total pro paint and body guy out at Las Vegas Motor Speedway today. He was really digging my Focus ST. I was surprised when 3 guys from different speed shops came out to talk to me about my little Focus ST. They were all impressed with the car. So this paint/body guy took pictures of my Focus and is going to do some renderings along with hood vents. He was really excited and had some killer ideas. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your build thread. I'm digging what you're doing.

1 - 20 of 237 Posts