Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, as I was doing my oil change I noticed that a small bronze screw fell out of somewhere. I know that its not a screw I just don't know the proper name for it. I'm guessing it might belong near the ball joint but that's just me guessing. If you have any idea of were it belongs I would truly appreciate it, I will attach a picture of the "screw" as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
It's a grease fitting. Notice the little ball in the end of the nipple? That allows grease in but it can't get out. Grease hotel!

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got my ST and have not had a chance to crawl under it, but I would be surprised if there were any grease fittings. Most new cars I've encountered use sealed bearings/joints. In case I am wrong, I would crawl under the car and look at any pivot/moving point on the suspension. Grease fittings will be near the pivot or moving point. Look at both sides of the suspension and when you find a fitting, go to the opposite side to see if there is a matching one. When you find a suspension piece without a matching grease fitting, you found your missing piece. Unless both fell out. Then your job will be a lot harder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts