Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is OK to post here - I did the search on both SCCA and NASA, looked at all the thread titles, and didn't see one...

Question is - which organization do people prefer to autocross with, and most importantly, why? (And are there other/additional orgs out there now?)

I used to race in the early 90s with the SCCA. It was cheap, laid back, and fun - a person could get four runs in a day, possibly even five. I dipped my toe back in in the early 2000s, and it was significantly more expensive, a zillion more people, and a person could get two runs in, maybe three. I'm assuming that's just a sign of the times, and corresponds with the population growth of Denver. I've not tried NASA, but do love Grassroots Motorsports, so was intrigued.

Thoughts? Any other clubs out there?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm relatively new to autocross, just starting last year. I've only raced with SCCA, about 7 times total. I've never gotten less than three runs and may have gotten four once. Would like to learn more about NASA. I know this post isn't really helpful to you, but I'll be watching to see how others weigh in.

·
Registered
132 Posts
NASA uses a very different classing system than SCCA and I'm not sure how the STs fare when prepared for whatever class they're in. SCCA is much larger (read: more events) and we know there is a competitive place to play. I'd prep for GS and run NASA events for more seat time rather than building the other way around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts