Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well it is super late on my car process, but due to my other site that I had my car build on going to crap I am going to restart on here. Plus, would love to hear the groups comments and thoughts. I am all for constructive criticism that will help make my car better!

I have a 2014 Race Red Focus ST that I purchased in February 2016, with about 21k on the clock. I drove the car for a couple months then I found myself ordering the stage 1 kit from Cobb. This is where the mod bug took a hold of me. Immediately woke the car up with the 93 stage one tune and drop in filter. I held out from installing the rmm for a while due to being intimidated by the install (I have installed quite a few now not scary one bit). I hated the dust build up and bought Hawk ceramic pads and their drilled and slotted rotors, cut down on brake dust a good amount! Summer came and I started looking into intakes and exhaust, decided on going with CP-e due to the enclosed box and paint that matched the car. Then for exhaust I purchased Roush cat-back and MRBP catless dp. I installed the intake, steeda symposer delete and steeda short shift plate all at once. I loved the extra turbo sounds that it gave me. Next big project was to get the exhaust installed which with the help of my dad we did at the end of July (2016), we did not install the dp due to having stock fmic.

Was pretty happy with my setup knowing I would get a fmic when I found one I liked. Couple buddies and I attend Focus fest in Cordova Illinois. (Highly recommended attending if you can!) My buddy was the lucky winner of an Altitudes work fmic, so I blame him for making me buy a fmic right when we got back home. Hopped on the buy/sell page on Facebook, found a used Mountune inter cooler, turbo smart 50/50 BOV, CMF case breather and he also included Boomba battery tie down and oil cap in silver. I had to stay the fasted in the group! I took a day off of one Friday and started the process of going stage 3! Fmic, dp, rmm, shaving grill and painting crash bar black. Luckily dad and another buddy came to help out. The shaving of the grill took a couple hours with a flap disc, taped the crash bar off and used some high temp grill paint just did a couple good coats, installation of the dp was easy just a pain to disconnect the O2 sensor plugs from the back of the motor. With the fmic,dp and rmm installed I flashed the ecu with the stage 3 tune to make sure everything was working properly, sorry I do not have many pictures of this process. It started right up without throwing any codes, checked all the fittings for leaks and we had the green light to put the bumper back on. I did not put any of the factory plastic/ shutter system back in, I just zip tied the plug somewhere out of the way.

Now that I was full bolt on I was eager to do everything I possible could with the car! There was a local dyno day and I put my car on and it made 268hp/298tq. I was extremely happy with those numbers on a ots tune. My next trip was down to a nearby drag strip where I found the cobb rmm and stock upper mounts were not great for what I wanted. The lowest I ran was a 14.1, I forget the trap speed. I was having issues launching the car, was trying to use the launch control which held the rpms at 2.5k. The wheel hop was very bad, tried to do without and hold the rpms at 2k myself and it bogged down. Keep in mind that is was my first time driving the car like that. They cut the open strip before I could make any more runs to improve my times. But happy I had a number to bet. There was a local auto X event a mile from my house, they were treating it as a test and tune day. I was able to run my car over 20 times on the track and every time I was improving my times. A guy jumped in with me and gave me some pointers and I was able to drop 2 seconds! Too bad on my final run my brakes finally had enough and started to fail at their one job. I parked the car as the brakes were smoking and knew I was done for the day. After that day, I knew this is what I wanted to do more of with my car!

Winter came and I parked the car at my grandparents who are away in Florida. I figured if it is away I would no longer buy stuff for it. Sadly mistaken, Black Friday came and I purchased CP-e driver, passenger side 55A mounts, stage 2 rmm and a carbon fiber trim piece for the exhaust. Couple weeks later I was surfing the forum pages and spotted an TTR manifold that was setup for 4-port Meth injection, was too pricey for me. But price ended up dropping and I picked it up, now I was in need of a meth kit. Found the very next day an Aqua-Mist kit unused for a great price. I am still in the process of the installation of the meth kit will post pictures below of progress.

I am excited to hear your thoughts and questions! I will be dropping pics down below with notes!:smile:

Reactions: MrClean

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
new.jpg
Brand new at the dealer!
first day.jpg
Day I got to bring it home
vents.jpg interior.jpg IMG_6931.JPG
I failed to mention I wrapped the vents in red and what shift knob I run, it is a Billetworkz knob. If you have question on how to wrap the vents I can do a detail write up about it.
risers.jpg
I caved and bought the boomba wing risers
96e08a89-de52-4dd1-b7a4-fb6834dd2352.large.jpg
After the Roush exhaust was installed
IMG_6494.JPG
The crown jewel of the engine bay, CP-e did a great job with this product!

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
IMG_6645[1].JPG IMG_6647[1].JPG IMG_9121[1].JPG
The day I went full bolt ons! Everything in the grill area is black, when looking at the car now it still looks stock. No one suspects a thing :saint:
IMG_7027.JPG Rear Bumper.jpg
I had an issue to where my exhaust would move around and burn my bumper, I ended up lowering it with some washer on the hanger brackets and adding the Cobb hangers. Now I have no issues with movement which let me add the trim piece.
IMG_7146.JPG bay.jpg pump.jpg trunk.jpg
With the car being full bolt ons, I want to get the most power I possibly can out of it. Here is the TTR manifold installed, you will notice it has 4 ports for injection. I ended up scraping that for now and only running a single and will bring in the 4 port once I go big turbo. I choose to place the tank and pump in back, just the easiest location to place it. I am still in the process of getting it hooked up, only thing that is holding me up is one 6mm compression fitting cap that has went missing.

Reactions: kewing

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good! I've got the same shift knob. I wish it was a brighter shade of red but still looks better than stock shift knob
I was a little disappointed when I received it, I thought it would have more weight to it and actually look like the pictures they had on their sites. But I always get comments on it when I am at meets!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
View attachment 215913
The custom tuning process has begun so with that it was time to change the oil so I could have a fresh start. while doing the oil change I installed the Glow Shift oil filter adapter for my gauges that I hope to have installed and mounted by the end of the week. For my tune I went with Freektune, so far very happy with them. I have been emailing with them since December when I purchased my meth kit, I highly recommend them if you are in the market for a tuner!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A little update time! I received the final fitting needed to finish my meth kit this week, plan on doing tests with it Friday after work. I also received a CP-e cold side charge pipe with a meth bung. IMG_9249[1].JPG

But the icing on the cake was that I got my wheels and tires down to get them cleaned and mounted, I have a group of buddies going down to Muncie Dragway Saturday for opening day if the rain holds off. I hope the R888s do well and I can get into the mid 13s.
IMG_9240[1].JPG IMG_9241[1].JPG IMG_9248[1].JPG

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had a successful weekend! Drag racing and added a few Maxton goodies I just received! there is more to be added!
IMG_9270[1].JPG IMG_9267[1].JPG
My best out of my 4 runs was a [email protected] lots of room to improve on!

IMG_9260[1].JPG IMG_9259[1].JPG IMG_9299[1].JPG IMG_9300[1].JPG
Maxton wing extension and front splitter. still need to install the side and rear skirts! stay tuned!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How long did it take you to wrap the vents?
Maybe a few hours, was my first time taking those out and wrapping something small. Did my buddy's in about an hour. Just have to be very careful pulling the pieces out, the side vents are the worst because you have to disassemble the whole thing.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was able to get the rest of my Maxton kit installed! I have to say it really changed the look of the car!
IMG_9344[1].JPG IMG_9347[1].JPG IMG_9340[1].JPG

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I pulled the trigger on a GTX2863 .64 turbo. which will be getting installed this weekend!! I ordered a new fire ring since the turbo is used. Also have the JBR BOV charge pipe with the Tial BOV! pretty excited to get this on!!
IMG_9521[1].JPG IMG_9523[1].JPG

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
So I pulled the trigger on a GTX2863 .64 turbo. which will be getting installed this weekend!! I ordered a new fire ring since the turbo is used. Also have the JBR BOV charge pipe with the Tial BOV! pretty excited to get this on!!
View attachment 234921 View attachment 234929
Sweeet! Bunch of guys going BT recently! What kind of numbers you looking to get out of it?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sweeet! Bunch of guys going BT recently! What kind of numbers you looking to get out of it?
On 93 I am hoping to have 330-350 wheel, then on Meth 380-400! BT happening sooner due to me thinking I hurt my stock turbo. But only to find out a weld broke on my TTR manifold, so I was loosing boost. Oh well more powaaaa to come!!

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
On 93 I am hoping to have 330-350 wheel, then on Meth 380-400! BT happening sooner due to me thinking I hurt my stock turbo. But only to find out a weld broke on my TTR manifold, so I was loosing boost. Oh well more powaaaa to come!!
Everything happens for a reason ;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Been having an issue with building and holding boost I have found the issue finally. The last piece on my car I would think to break ended up cracking a weld. So last night I went through the pain staking process of taking it off and installing my stock one.
IMG_9541[1].JPG IMG_9586[1].JPG IMG_9580[1].JPG IMG_9581[1].JPG IMG_9579[1].JPG
After getting it all buttoned up I went for a test drive and car felt very strong! Getting in contact with TTR to see what they can do to help this issue. If nothing I already have plans for it!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts