Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as with quite a lot of other forums, there are scammers posting and pming people to supposedly sell them goods. Don't trust any non established members, use paypal protection, common sense stuff with online purchases.

If you get a pm, or see an improper or shady post trying to sell things or direct you to converse via email about parts, please REPORT them, do not be taken for a fool.

If it's suspicious, report it, let us know so we can try to protect the community.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'd like to add (not sure if it's related) that I've seen several threads posted multiple times simultaneously, including this very thread. Usually its a double post but this one posted 3 times. Just bringing awareness in case something goofy is happening with the forums related to scammers/hackers.

·
Super Moderator
8,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. I'd like to add (not sure if it's related) that I've seen several threads posted multiple times simultaneously, including this very thread. Usually its a double post but this one posted 3 times. Just bringing awareness in case something goofy is happening with the forums related to scammers/hackers.
I posted it in 3 different classifieds sections as stickies, lol. So it is a purposeful action.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I posted it in 3 different classifieds sections as stickies, lol. So it is a purposeful action.
Good to know, just something ive seen happen more lately with multiple members (its apparent when you click the NEW thread button).

·
Super Moderator
8,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know, just something ive seen happen more lately with multiple members (its apparent when you click the NEW thread button).
Yeah, it seems to happen here and there. I delete the doubles, and ban the spam when it happens. The double posting is just human error as far as i can tell. Theres no hacking afoot here, well none that I am aware of. Just third party scamming.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
If someone doesnt want to accept paypal as a seller, dont bother. The paypal fees are 3%, if you are a seller and cant price your goods to account for it, stop selling. People should never send a payment as friends/family; you lose all buyer protections.

Just remember, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is; buyer beware

1 - 6 of 6 Posts