Ford Focus ST Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Manager at Jones Ford called me back and offered to reimburse me over 500$ for the timing work that wasn't done properly. Good on them.
That's good man even through the work might have sucked they were man enough to give what's rightfully yours back to you! And if you call and complain maybe they will give you a free warranty oil change rotfl.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Car ran great today, before my positive cable came off i was earning a fantastic 26 mpg I stalled it once today so thumbs up there.
Still on the same tune provided by Alex Stratfield, thank you for that!
After the car is all the way warmed up; there is no smoke of any kind coming out the tail pipe, so far things seem to be going well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Car ran great today, before my positive cable came off i was earning a fantastic 26 mpg I stalled it once today so thumbs up there.
Still on the same tune provided by Alex Stratfield, thank you for that!
After the car is all the way warmed up; there is no smoke of any kind coming out the tail pipe, so far things seem to be going well.
Glad to hear it's up and running good! I'm going to be putting mine back together in a couple of weeks. *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 · (Edited)
These codes:
How do I go about getting rid of this check engine light and codes?

Alex briefly got back to me with this: Hi Wes, are you sure you’re not dealing with a wiring problem causing these issues? Or perhaps an engine timing issue? A bad crank sensor is what we saw on a customer with similar misfire codes.
Timing was finally done, crank sensor is new, something is just poking the defauler sensor maybe?

Also will this put a damper on my data longing? Will I be able to further tune?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Well I'm going to order a new 02 bank 1 sensor see if this does the trick.
Hmm, make sure antiseize doesnt short them out. I have had the misfortune of that event occur, lol.

I'm assuming you went over all the positive electrical connections on the front of the battery tray?

Just throwing some **** out there for yah.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 · (Edited)
Meet a fellow St'er tonight, nice silver little hatchback. He's having a small oil leak and the culprit seems the gasket for the timing cover has gone bad.
He has 2k miles left on his warranty.

He had a buddy that showed up with him, nice guys and they let us poke around in the vehicle's engine bay. :banana:

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 · (Edited)
Helped install a down pipe straight pipe on a MS3, along with a cold air intake, and a BOV. It started for a few seconds then turned off. Unfortunately I had to leave before I knew the outcome, He also has an AP from COBB uploaded.

Update: his tuner sent him two maps, loaded up the first map and the car started and held. So thumbs' up.

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
Thread closed at OP request.

181 - 198 of 198 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.