Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ST3
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a brake fluid warning today on the car. Pulled it in the shop and realized the clutch slave is leaking. Brakes are all fairly new, and nothing on the brake system is leaking.

The car has 81k, so I will replace the clutch while the trans is out to fix the leak.

Here is the issue. I for the life of me can not find a clutch kit for this car that is basically oem quality.

My local parts stores don't stock anything, and rock auto only has 1 low level in stock.
Am I ****ed? Suggestions? Car is stock. Car will stay stock. So no need for any upgrades.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,775 Posts
I got a brake fluid warning today on the car. Pulled it in the shop and realized the clutch slave is leaking. Brakes are all fairly new, and nothing on the brake system is leaking.

The car has 81k, so I will replace the clutch while the trans is out to fix the leak.

Here is the issue. I for the life of me can not find a clutch kit for this car that is basically oem quality.

My local parts stores don't stock anything, and rock auto only has 1 low level in stock.
Am I ****ed? Suggestions? Car is stock. Car will stay stock. So no need for any upgrades.
Buy OEM ?? Need a new flywheel and bolts too. Maybe change the rear crank main seal if there is the slightest sign of oil there I'd do the clutch master while you are at it, then everything is done for the life of the car.

·
Registered
2015 ST3
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buy OEM ?? Need a new flywheel and bolts too. Maybe change the rear crank main seal if there is the slightest sign of oil there I'd do the clutch master while you are at it, then everything is done for the life of the car.
The clutch hydraulics are the reason I'm doing the clutch but the clutch disc is showing discontinued when I try to check on the Ford websites

·
Registered
2017 ST1
1,030 Posts
Gees....I can only find an AMS at RockAuto. Not a Luk to be had. What's going on in the world?

·
Registered
2015 ST3
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2015 ST3
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The disc is included under the pressure plate part number.
Pressure Plate - Ford (DV6Z-7B546-A)
Ah. That makes sense. As the disc was the only thing showing as discontinued. And usually oem makes stuff for at least 10 years.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,775 Posts
Ah. That makes sense. As the disc was the only thing showing as discontinued. And usually oem makes stuff for at least 10 years.
Yes, I would assume that they originally released the disc as an individual spare part and then realized how silly that was!

·
Registered
2013 FOCUS ST
45 Posts
About to do my clutch here in Oz.
Can find the kits no problem, but no flywheels until July...luckily I already have the single mass one.
See..we have problems too :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts