Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you know I work at a ford dealer at the parts counter and on my lunchbreak I hang out and bs with the techs usually. I saw the same ST that has been on here a few times now. The car will at random times not allow the computer to increase or retard the timing making it fall on its face power wise. but luckily enough the owner got the tech to feel it happen. he has replaced a cam sensor, done the cam phasers and solonoids and now has installed a new engine harness. All per the ford engineer who is now stumped. I did a search around here and came up with nothing. was wondering if any of you have heard of this so called limp mode happening on a bone stock 16 st3

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stock tune multiple reprogram attempts same issue. the engineer couldn't get it to act up and basically said go pound sand and the only thing that saved it is because the tech was in the car for one of the times it did act up. cycle the key and all is good for a while then it happens again. cycle the key and poof.....back to normal. for a little while

1 - 3 of 3 Posts