Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just in the middle of closing on a '16 this week. Salesman literally just now called me and said all Focus sales are suspended; they can lt let anything go until the hatch issue is resolved!! WTF?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Federal law. There is a safety recall that the body control module needs to be reprogrammed to prevent the rear hatch from coming open.

By the way, that restriction does not apply to used vehicles, but Ford will not allow dealers to offer Certified Pre-Owned status to a vehicle with an open recall, even if the repair is not yet available.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Was just in the middle of closing on a '16 this week. Salesman literally just now called me and said all Focus sales are suspended; they can lt let anything go until the hatch issue is resolved!! WTF?
This:

recall info.JPG

$21k fine to the dealership among other legal woes

·
Registered
312 Posts
It can't be a STOP SALE Order on all Focus sales as this issue only covers manual transmission hatchbacks. They only make 10,000 ST's a year, an unknown number of low end Focus' hatchbacks with manual transmissions (it can't be a very popular option, you don't see many in dealer inventories), and whatever RS's have been made to date (tiny number). All in all there can't be more than 3,000 to 4,000 of these affected vehicles in the dealer pipeline compared to the vast number of automatic Focus hatchbacks and sedans that populate every Ford dealer's lots.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Tell them to take the price down for making you wait.
I doubt that will work, it is not like OP can go to another dealership? A smart salesman should not offer any discount for being compliant. The question remains to the buyer, do you want to purchase this vehicle? If yes, then here is the price regardless today or 1 month from now.

A better route, depending how long it takes to get this resolved, once it is OP can say he is now holding on to get a 2017 model as they are not too far away anymore. Suddenly the salesman may start offering discounts to sell the 2016.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same problem, signed on the dotted line on Wednesday evening, then they mentioned the recall and put the sale on hold. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine didn't either. But, I didn't give them any money yet, so... I had been on the forums here, but never ran across anything stating they had suspended sales. I haven't heard a release date from the dealer either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm on the same boat since the beginning of October. My dealer didn't know where other workers put them until we found it and it had a paper on the windshield stating on hold due to a recall. He said it'll be ready by the end of this month.
st1

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
No they didn't tell me before hand. They didn't have any on their lot, so they brought an ST1 in from another dealer for me to test drive. After the test drive and some negotiations, I agreed to buy it. I gave them my trade-in keys, had the ST keys in my hand and was preparing to sign financial papers when they gave me the bad news and asked for the keys back. Very, very frustrating. If I didn't love the car, I would be long gone.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
No they didn't tell me before hand. They didn't have any on their lot, so they brought an ST1 in from another dealer for me to test drive. After the test drive and some negotiations, I agreed to buy it. I gave them my trade-in keys, had the ST keys in my hand and was preparing to sign financial papers when they gave me the bad news and asked for the keys back. Very, very frustrating. If I didn't love the car, I would be long gone.
man that's a tease lol. I don't know what's worth your situation or mine, I went to pick mine up the next day after signing all the paperwork and ford had put out the recall that day. Mine's been sitting in the back lot since the 29th. These last 18 days feel like an eternity, QQ.

The wait will be worth it, I also picked up a Red one with wheels, and moonroof, with ST2 package. Now you have more time to research mods :D

I've already bought a Cobb filter and Turnbosmart BOV from Amazon, a Boosted Designs ST Dead pedal, and probably will end up getting the Garage Line hood struts before I have the car also. Soon as I get it I'm doing resonator delete til tax season and I'll do a catback. Keeping mods to a minimum for daily driving in fair whether. Not interested in more power, but more noise!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey OP, I texted my dealer a couple minutes ago from what he has heard, he said the tech that fixes the "recall" should be there Saturday. I'm really hoping he does. You should give your dealer a call too.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been working with my dealer since the beginning of September trying to find a White or MM ST-3, and just now got it. They called me a few days before they found this one and told me that I was pretty much screwed for an ST because of the recall till early November at the earliest. I got my ST-3 on Friday, but it was fresh off the line about two weeks ago, and was rolled off the truck at a dealer in NY. My dealer I have been working with (Prime Ford Auburn MA, who's been fantastic through the whole process) got it that day from the dealer in NY and drove it to MA. I guess I got lucky, which scares the **** out of me because that never...ever....happens. Only ST's you can buy right now are just hitting the dealer lots.

I've owned/driven a lot of cars, and currently have a 500hp/550lb-ft 393w-stroked Foxbody Mustang, and this little thing is an absolute blast. I barely even look at the stang now...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts