Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had to say good-bye to my 4 month old ST. I had knee surgery in June and it isn't taking very well, there may be a knee replacement coming soon. Even though the clutch isn't anything rough on these cars, the constant movement was enough to have me seeing stars after a short while. I absolutely loved my ST and was looking forward to a glorious mod happy life with it. On the plus side though my ST was paid in full and my dealer gave me some good money for it, so I was able to upgrade and I got my SHO :) Looks like the modding will begin again.

IMG_0232.JPG
IMG_0699.JPG

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that mate. How do you like the SHO?
I love the SHO. I wanted one for the longest time but didn't want the price tag. Looking forward to getting a lot more out of her.

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to get rid of your ST due to knee trouble. I've always liked the SHO since they came out in 1989. I remember a kid in high school drove his parents SHO to school and burned the front tires off leaving the parking lot. I thought wow that's no ordinary four door Ford sedan! I've never owned one but wouldn't hesitate if I came across a good buy. I hear they can get some serious power out of the 3.5 TT.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I went the other way, SHO to ST. Hope you enjoy your SHO more than I did. Tuned, it ate gas so damn bad, I'm talking 12-14mpg. Both front CVs had to be replaced at about 28k miles, the speakers were horrible, the shifter paddles were so damn slow, and the cost of tires is what caused me to drop it. Also, the handling into the corners was absolutely atrocious (Don't know if the sport pack would have helped, but it just pushed and never rotated its weight in the corners properly)

I'm much happier in the smaller car, hopefully you enjoy the bigger car enough to make up for the rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts