Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing my Ethanol gauge with these nice Russell connectors. Anyone know if I need to use any additional seal tape or compound to make sure it keeps a good seal (Red and Black threaded connection)? Or do they make a good seal themselves?

20170529_190215.jpg

·
Registered
613 Posts
if it's a flare or compression style connection, no additional sealant is needed. NPT style fittings is generally where you need thread sealant.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Never use ptfe or Teflon tape in fuel applications. AN fittings are a flare type fixture and seal based on proper application of torque.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never use ptfe or Teflon tape in fuel applications. AN fittings are a flare type fixture and seal based on proper application of torque.
Could you please see if these two together will seal? The Fuel lines and quick connect fittings say '-6 AN' fittings. This is all new to me, so I'm not sure if these two will mate together properly? I'm just trying to be safe and not mess this up by being extra careful.

Fuel Line:
------------
Russell 658500: Fuel Line w/Red Fittings -06 AN Hose | JEGS

Quick Connector:
--------------------
Russell 640853: SAE Quick-Connect EFI Adapter Fitting Push-On Style | JEGS

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, part of the "AN" standard is the 37* flare fitting. You should be good to go as is
Okay thanks. When looking at the female connection point I expected to see like a 63* angle on the fitting - so they would match, bit just looks flat inside so that made me a little nervous about how it would seal. I'll give it all a try tonight.

I tightened everything good. I didn't use any loc-tite on the threads either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts