Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

Quick question, I broke my O2 upstream, giving P0132 and P2243 probably during an install. I also messed up the fire ring from the vband and Catless DP not being secured correctly. I've fixed the DP, but the fire ring is still warped and creating a ever so small leak on the DP so i'll be ordering a new O2 and fire ring gasket. In the meantime, will the car run okay with the upstream offline and it going to open loop/downstream? It will be about 4 days until i get the parts and I still need to commute. I have a backup set of spark plugs because i know it will run rich I just need to know if its safe to boost or not. AFR freezes after a few seconds of starting or begins to freeze up. I'm guessing the heater on the O2 sensor is shorting out. Engine still makes positive corrections with very little negative.

Engine Mods:
Green Filter
Cobb AP running Stratified Stage 3 type tune
Catless 3" DP
Depo Racing 5.5 FMIC
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV set a qtr turn to softer
NGK 6510 1 step colder plugs.
Muffler/Res delete

Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey all,

Quick question, I broke my O2 upstream, giving P0132 and P2243 probably during an install. I also messed up the fire ring from the vband and Catless DP not being secured correctly. I've fixed the DP, but the fire ring is still warped and creating a ever so small leak on the DP so i'll be ordering a new O2 and fire ring gasket. In the meantime, will the car run okay with the upstream offline and it going to open loop/downstream? It will be about 4 days until i get the parts and I still need to commute. I have a backup set of spark plugs because i know it will run rich I just need to know if its safe to boost or not. AFR freezes after a few seconds of starting or begins to freeze up. I'm guessing the heater on the O2 sensor is shorting out. Engine still makes positive corrections with very little negative.

Engine Mods:
Green Filter
Cobb AP running Stratified Stage 3 type tune
Catless 3" DP
Depo Racing 5.5 FMIC
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV set a qtr turn to softer
NGK 6510 1 step colder plugs.
Muffler/Res delete

Thanks
Park it.. The upstream sensor is not optional. Driving it around like that isn't the most intelligent approach.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay guys thank you so much for your response, i hope no damage has been done. It runs okay, but to be safe, i will leave it in my work parking lot and repair the sensor on site. I ordered a new O2 and should be here tomorrow or Friday. I really appreciate your speedy response, especially from the vendors. It may as well have saved me thousands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts