Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i put the stratified tune on i have intake bov charge pipes intercooler catless dp and exhaust but the tune has lead to a rish smell from the exhaust my afr on the low has gotten to 10.00 i know your not really supposed to do that but best i have right now gas mileage seems to be burning a little fater too, with steam out the back at idel thats when its really bad, also got almost a squeeking from either the turbo or the belt so thats great but besides my question of what do i do?

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Is it safe for us to assume the car wasn’t running rich until you applied the Stratified tune?

How long did you run the Stratified tune before these maladies surfaced?

Have you gone back to running the OEM tune to confirm the richness problem & other maladies go away?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its been rich with every tune iv had so cobb off the shelf and stratified but with stratified its 10×more noticeable and iv only been running it for about a week

·
Super Moderator
1,486 Posts
Is it running rich without WOT? I get into the upper 10s sometimes during heavy throttle, but otherwise AFR is always hanging around 14.7.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea uper10s at WOT like it steams and smells lile fuel when i warm up then sit for 5 mins in idel

·
Super Moderator
1,486 Posts
Yea uper10s at WOT like it steams and smells lile fuel when i warm up then sit for 5 mins in idel
I get the same thing, but it's always been like that. Occasional fuel smell at first cold start (only lasts for a few seconds). Steam occasionally when warming up (very little) when temps are lower (50s right now).

Never thought it cause for concern. But ill let others chime in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No no no like my oil tempnis 170 i stop at a gas station for example go in side come ou and my car has mild steam and smella like fuel specifically 91 oct lol but i feel like thats no good

·
Super Moderator
9,803 Posts
I dont think you're going to get much visibility in this section of the forum.

@Duece McCracken may be able to move it for you.
Hey, it's time for my mid morning nap!

What ever happened to those moderator candidates??? Months it will be!

Reactions: xTheMan42
1 - 12 of 12 Posts