Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does or did your brand new car smell if you rev it to high rpm and going up to hill? I did so, and a rubber smell was going into my cabin. im assuming because its new and the engine belt is not worn out yet?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Mine did at first. Like something burning off the exhaust. But only when getting on it and accelerating up a hill. Same with my moms MKC 2.3. Maybe the Turbo or downpipe. It does not seem to do it anymore, 4000 miles on it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, i wondered. When my gf got he kia 2016 it was doing the same thing, but now its ok

·
Registered
558 Posts
thank you, i wondered. When my gf got he kia 2016 it was doing the same thing, but now its ok
I was surprised at first but then really got on it in moms new Lincoln MKC and smelled the same. That and after dad decided to pass some one on a back road I smelled it. After 4k mine does not smell anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
I've noticed a little bit of a rubber smell too. It's very sporadic, and doesn't smell too much. Just a slight smell that I notice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Only happened to me when I was test driving the car before it was mine. Lol but when I do try to go a little hard. I the smell stopped so I assumed it's because it was still new. No more burning rubber or oil smell.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
I dont have problems rolling or that, I was just reving it too hard up to hill lol
Yeah mine was always hard WOT pulls going up hell. Most likely just the Turbo and Downpipe getting hot. Probably some coating burning off. Not a heavy smell just burning. I knew it was normal when the MKC did it as well. Oh and that MKC is almost as fun as the ST. Lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts