Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Sunday all. So I was coming out of the store and I notices something weird on the front bumper. There is a rubber piece in the lower portion of the grill. Just had the bumper painted and I'm thinking the body shop didnt put something back right. Can anyone tell me how this is supposed to fit? 20171217_130328.jpg 20171217_130309.jpg 20171217_130257.jpg

·
Registered
162 Posts
Pretty sure its just part of the grill shutter system. Not something you need to worry about because mine's been like that for awhile. Think it just pops out on its own but if it really bothers you, just rip out the grill shutter system.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Or take it all out with the AGS.
You want to leave it in. It help funnel air through the rad/intercooler. The AGS can be removed seperately.

Sent from another galaxy.
Never had any issue with mine out. That fmic is getting air ducts or not. when I took the ags and rubber to give things a nicer look and had the stock unit my temps would stay a tad bit lower when cruising. Just how things went for me. Others experiences can vary

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
Never had any issue with mine out. That fmic is getting air ducts or not. when I took the ags and rubber to give things a nicer look and had the stock unit my temps would stay a tad bit lower when cruising. Just how things went for me. Others experiences can vary
If you removed the ducting with the AGS that would be why. The AGS is garbage. Also most aftermarket intercoolers require the ducting to be removed. I need to make some custom ducting for my radiator since I have an aftermarket grill.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
The AGS is garbage.
I second this. 1mpg on average is hardly worth the higher temps potential performance hit. Was happy to rip that junk out in pieces

·
Registered
651 Posts
Like others have said, It's shrouding for AGS/IC/Radiator. Most people pull this altogether during installation of an aftermarket intercooler. You can tuck it, or leave it, or pull it out completely if you want. Either way you have nothing to worry about at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts