Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured i would start a build thread... so far nothing done except the purchase....

Went from this....

IMG_0717.JPG

To this...

image1 (2).JPG

Reactions: prestup and Samh

·
Registered
80 Posts
Quite the step up! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks and i agree.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This weekend i added the green filter. I have the FSWerks short shifter to install this week.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yesterday ordered the boosted design dead pedal. Dont know why this car has a carpeted one.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also just ordered the Steeda clutch spring...

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
229 Posts
I did the clutch return spring delete and broke the assembly. I want to get that steeds spring but with my luck I'll break the new assembly swapping the steeds spring lol.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did see some people breaking them... saw someone say if you insert something into the one end and push the tabs in it helps.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Its all about the appropriate and effective application of leverage. In my case, I used my bench vice and secured the assembly. Then used a nylon strap, wrapped it around the head twice underneath the studs and pulled straight up. No problem at all. I had more issue getting it back onto the car really ...

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-builds/38152-blackbird-peregriner-13.html Here are some pictures.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
229 Posts
Its all about the appropriate and effective application of leverage. In my case, I used my bench vice and secured the assembly. Then used a nylon strap, wrapped it around the head twice underneath the studs and pulled straight up. No problem at all. I had more issue getting it back onto the car really ...

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-builds/38152-blackbird-peregriner-13.html Here are some pictures.
Wish me luck. Ordered the new assembly from my dealership. Part should be arriving tomorrow. Hope I don't break the new one trying to put it back in. Couldn't find the one for the ST so this one is actually for the RS. I'm curious how it'll be.

Reactions: Peregriner

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My clutch pedal spring will be here Friday. I have no bench vice... so I will try pushing the two tabs in...

·
Registered
80 Posts
How do you like the ST so far compared to the veloster?

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the ST wayyyyyyyyy better... i will be wanting a tune just to help with the flat spots... the torque is awesome on the car though.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
229 Posts
rpec2014, your VT was at like 240whp, right? I think mine was around 220 -which is close to stock Focus St. The low end power makes the Focus ST much better to drive and overall the Focus ST feels much faster.

Also, my R Spec rode so damn harsh, I thought it was normal for a "sporty" car. I ended up going to 16" wheels on the R Spec for a softer ride. The ST with these 18" snowflake wheels is still far more comfortable.

Also for ST owners talking about wheel hop, you haven't experienced it unless you drove a VT. Focus ST hops couple times and goes. Veloster wheel hops, windshield wipers turn on, sunglass holder opens and you're only travelling 5mph LOL.

Reactions: prestup

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My car was 240 before i did the exhaust... methanol... TB and got rid of the Injen intake...

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is guy on the VT forum that did a built motor... cost him between 12-14K... and the turbo they used is way to big... jeez

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
There is guy on the VT forum that did a built motor... cost him between 12-14K... and the turbo they used is way to big... jeez
Stupid. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stupid is an understatement... i couldnt imagine trying to drive it... no power until about 4K RPMs...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts