Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST (ST2)
10 Posts
@xTheMan42 @SSgtjrobertson @freakin_elrod @ddfred @GreekSTguy @roundhouse @W4R @TurboGT @Duece McCracken
April fools! Had you guys going didnt I!

They work great!

Driver side is an authentic RS tail, passenger is Focus Electric tail. The only difference is the housing doesnt have RS stamped into the plastic on the back.

Also a bonus shot of my new spyder headlights. The DRL work on auto like stock! Win win baby!
Looks nice!! I'm really feelin' the Spyder headlights, though. Damn, those look SHARP! Do the three vertical white LEDs turn yellow for the turn signal? How does that work?
Just install 'em, plug 'em in and go?

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
587 Posts
lmao! you sure did get us, We were hoping for it to workout actually so I felt bummed.
Looks great and this will be my next mod :)

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Looks nice!! I'm really feelin' the Spyder headlights, though. Damn, those look SHARP! Do the three vertical white LEDs turn yellow for the turn signal? How does that work?
Just install 'em, plug 'em in and go?
Yup! Plug and play! But if you get a pair, be sure to order some zip ties and 1 inch split loom tubing to clean up the rats nest of wires on the back of them so they dont get caught on anything.

lmao! you sure did get us, We were hoping for it to workout actually so I felt bummed.
Looks great and this will be my next mod :)
Post pics here when u get them!

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Also @GreekSTguy yes they do all the drl lights act as a sequential turn signal like a mustang's tail lights. If you are on the west coast, get them from DT Moto on ebay, i got them next day!

Reactions: GreekSTguy

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST (ST2)
10 Posts
Also @GreekSTguy yes they do all the drl lights act as a sequential turn signal like a mustang's tail lights. If you are on the west coast, get them from DT Moto on ebay, i got them next day!
Yep, I'm on the West Coast. SF Bay Area to be a bit more precise. DT Moto is based in SoCal, so anything from them should get to me pretty quick.
I just looked up them up and checked out the lights. You weren't kidding. There's some terribly loose wiring going on there for sure.

Sorry for all the questions but I have just one more: Our ST's have adaptive headlights (aka Cornering Headlights) right? Do these aftermarket lights still make use of that feature, or is that something that will be sacrificed?

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yep, I'm on the West Coast. SF Bay Area to be a bit more precise. DT Moto is based in SoCal, so anything from them should get to me pretty quick.
I just looked up them up and checked out the lights. You weren't kidding. There's some terribly loose wiring going on there for sure.

Sorry for all the questions but I have just one more: Our ST's have adaptive headlights (aka Cornering Headlights) right? Do these aftermarket lights still make use of that feature, or is that something that will be sacrificed?
Oh..your an st2/st3?...these wont work with your car...spyder's website warns it wont work with stock HID ST's. Only ST1. I would call on monday then before you order. And yes it would be sacrificed.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST (ST2)
10 Posts
Oh..your an st2/st3?...these wont work with your car...spyder's website warns it wont work with stock HID ST's. Only ST1. I would call on monday then before you order. And yes it would be sacrificed.
Yeah I've got an ST2.

Oh well. Thank you for the info, though!

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yeah I've got an ST2.

Oh well. Thank you for the info, though!
No problem! If u get the e-focus tails post a pic of your car here when u install them!

Cheers!

·
2,745 Posts
For pre facelift guys! Ford parts giant has OEM electric focus tail lights for 72 dollars a side.

Right part number DM5Z-13404-D
Left part number DM5Z-13405-D

·
Administrator
11,295 Posts
For pre facelift guys! Ford parts giant has OEM electric focus tail lights for 72 dollars a side.

Right part number DM5Z-13404-D
Left part number DM5Z-13405-D

🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Reactions: W4R

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
@TurboGT @Duece McCracken Can I get a sticky for this thread? Would be sad if it got lost in the sea of threads being how a lot of people would benefit from the info presented. Its literally RS tails for 1/3 the price.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts