Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo, if you guys wanna buy RS Tail lights for your ST for like, 70% off, get tail lamps from the Focus Electric. They are ALL OVER Ebay for 100 bucks or less and they have the LED strip from the RS at the bottom of the light. Checked the plug, it matches the ST/RS plug. I just ordered one of those for the passenger side, and an authentic RS one pulled off a wrecked RS for $79 bucks, dude had NO IDEA what he had lol. The seller who I got the focus Electric passenger side from was selling it for 108 bucks, and has A CRAP TON of them all at 108.

Will update you guys when they come in the mail. I also ordered a set of Spyder Headlights and Sequential Mirror signals.

SUPER HYPE MODE ACTIVATED! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

also heres a link to the seller: hhautoparts1959 on eBay

Just do an inventory search on their store page for "focus electric led tail light" and you will get tons of results.

·
2,765 Posts
I like people digging stuff up like this! Keep us updated.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST (ST2)
10 Posts
Hi, Focus ST noob here.

Would the RS tail lights be just a direct swap?
You wouldn't have to do any kind of weird modification/rigging to anything? Just bolt-on and go?
I only ask because I looked up genuine Focus RS tail lights and HOT DAYUM, they look good!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hi, Focus ST noob here.

Would the RS tail lights be just a direct swap?
You wouldn't have to do any kind of weird modification/rigging to anything? Just bolt-on and go?
I only ask because I looked up genuine Focus RS tail lights and HOT DAYUM, they look good!
They're plug and play.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
594 Posts
waiting for the update from OP.
Always liked the LED strip on the bottom of the light instead of the bulbs, I hope this turns out good!
I'd rather go OEM with the lights.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got them in today, cleaned them up, but my ASSHOLE neighbor is painting his gates next door, so i had to move my car up the street. Once hes done ill bring it back in and slap them on and take some pics for you guys. Also nabbed a set of sexy spyder headlights

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man I wasted 170 bucks...

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,271 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just regular focus hatch tail lights?

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,271 Posts
Obviously he's become so enraged, he lost his focus.
Remember what FOCUS stands for... I used to finish every serious emails with, Remember FOCUS. 😄

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, doesn't do anything for me.

#prefaceliftlife
not true. The preface focus electric also had LED strips in the tails. I attached an image for ya

has to be euro spec tho, so they probably wont be AS cheap, but im sure some euro salvage yards have em.

·
Administrator
11,312 Posts
not true. The preface focus electric also had LED strips in the tails. I attached an image for ya

has to be euro spec tho, so they probably wont be AS cheap, but im sure some euro salvage yards have em.
I'm aware of those, and they are gross.

·
2,765 Posts

You got my attention.

Now I'm stuck in between "should i?" And "i kind of like my car inconspicuously appearing to be a 1984 Chevy Citation from the back at night"

Also, your car looks great!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
@xTheMan42 @SSgtjrobertson @freakin_elrod @ddfred @GreekSTguy @roundhouse @W4R @TurboGT @Duece McCracken
April fools! Had you guys going didnt I!

They work great!

Driver side is an authentic RS tail, passenger is Focus Electric tail. The only difference is the housing doesnt have RS stamped into the plastic on the back.

Also a bonus shot of my new spyder headlights. The DRL work on auto like stock! Win win baby!
Classic. You had me for sure.

Glad they turned out well, they look great!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts