Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yeah, they're real. A believe a few people around here have gotten them. From what I've heard, minor work is required to get the fitment 100% correct but it's not too bad. I plan on buying one, bondo'ing the RS logos out, and then painting it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks like a great value, just wish/hope it doesn't have the "RS" on it (and maybe it doesn't as i don't see it on the photos of the actual item, just the pics they use to compare to)

# Edit: ah, now i see the pictures that show it indeed does... easy enough to bondo them flat like the post above mentions #

·
Registered
87 Posts
I ended up buying one today... also ordered a Visual Garage shark fin antenna as the stock antenna will be in the way with the hatch up

·
Registered
87 Posts
Actually no, I haven't even opened the box yet as I wrecked my car two weeks ago. I still may get the car back (insurance figuring out fixing or totaling), if i do get it back, then i'll get it filled in, painted and installed but it may be a while.

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
One of our workers here (me) had this wing on their car. It did in fact have the RS badge on the side (which I filled in). It fit fantastic and didn't need any modifications to work on the car. No changes to the antenna are necessary due to the curvature of the wing. Had it painted performance blue with tuxedo black accenting. Overall was very very happy with the wing. Would recommend to anyone.

·
Premium Member
13,979 Posts
One of our workers here (me) had this wing on their car. It did in fact have the RS badge on the side (which I filled in). It fit fantastic and didn't need any modifications to work on the car. No changes to the antenna are necessary due to the curvature of the wing. Had it painted performance blue with tuxedo black accenting. Overall was very very happy with the wing. Would recommend to anyone.

I want your wheels.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

This car is freaking sexy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Unfortunately that car was parted out and gone. I saw the wing on the car, and I would say fitment was 9/10. I think painted and filled, it cost him as much as the wing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Unfortunately that car was parted out and gone. I saw the wing on the car, and I would say fitment was 9/10. I think painted and filled, it cost him as much as the wing.
I'v
I was about to ask how much people have had to pay to have it painted. Still.. cheaper than an OEM RS wing in the long run! I've been checking junkyards and a national database of junk cars looking for a wrecked RS to hopefully pull the wing off of. Not such luck so far!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dropped my wing off at a local body shop that I trust, I didn't get an exact quote but was told filling in the RS and painted to match my Oxford White paint will be less than $200.

I get my ST back mid-September so by then I'll have the wing back ready to put on, if it looks anything like the blue car posted above I'll be pretty stoked!

Update: upon further review the shop i mentioned above quoted me a good bit higher.

Plan B will be in effect: my neighbor and I are going to tackle it ourselves, he has a paint booth setup at his house and deals with car paint all the time. He's got all the sanders and what not to fill in the "RS" as well.

Reactions: STMatt

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dropped my wing off at a local body shop that I trust, I didn't get an exact quote but was told filling in the RS and painted to match my Oxford White paint will be less than $200.

I get my ST back mid-September so by then I'll have the wing back ready to put on, if it looks anything like the blue car posted above I'll be pretty stoked!

Update: upon further review the shop i mentioned above quoted me a good bit higher.

Plan B will be in effect: my neighbor and I are going to tackle it ourselves, he has a paint booth setup at his house and deals with car paint all the time. He's got all the sanders and what not to fill in the "RS" as well.

Did you do this yet? I'm about to pull the trigger soon myself.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nope, I just sold it today in fact (wrecked my ST before I could install it)

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I was looking at this wing my self. I will be watching this thread.
I think I will get one in a few months once I my bank account recovers from all my recent purchases.

Reactions: AkiraSieghart
1 - 19 of 19 Posts