Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased the Rebel Devil RS spoiler. This is a fiberglass spoiler replicated from the MKIII Focus RS (the new one). This is perfect for the non RS Focus cars running around since it does not have the RS logo on the sides.

When I reviewed it I noticed the post office didn't treat the box nicely. Do they ever? However opon inspection I noticed no damage due to the excellent packaging. So I took it home and did my test fitting. I had to enlarge the washer hose and brake light wiring pass through. This was easy work for my Dremel. I did have to drill out the screw holes for the brake light. Again no big deal.

After verifying the fit I took it to the body shop to get painted. They did have to do some extra prep work. Before you jump to conclusions this is normal for aftermarket body parts. They had to do some extra sanding. I left them my oem spoiler for paint matching. I did also have them add flatblack to the wing section and two inner supports.

It took them about a week to get it done in between other jobs. All in all I'm very happy with the spoiler and how it turned out.

I do recommend picking up some stainless steal washers for the bolts. Overall cost with prep and paint bring this in around the same as the Ford Performance kit. However since I did two colors that did bring my cost up. I'd you can do all the prep work this will make it more affordable. For color matched and no RS logo this is cheaper than the Ford alternative. You could even wrap or hydro dip the spoiler also. I think this is a great product.

Sent from another garage.

Registered
Unfortunately all aftermart are fibreglass. Haven't spotted ABS RS spoiler.

Good review. Car Looks fabulous!. Like the 2 colour scheme.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately all aftermart are fibreglass. Haven't spotted ABS RS spoiler.

Good review. Car Looks fabulous!. Like the 2 colour scheme.
I've seen them. However they come from some unknown Chinese manufacturer so who knows how the fit is. Rebel Devil hasn't let me down yet.

Registered
Looks good, like the two color set up. Also really like it doesn't have the RS logo. Putting stuff from one vehicle to another for looks is fine with me, but putting RS logo'd stuff on an ST is like putting M logo and striping on a regular BMW, doesn't sit well with me. This is a great alternative to give you the look without the "poser" feel.

*before anyone takes this personal I have a raptor replica grill on my f-150 lol

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good, like the two color set up. Also really like it doesn't have the RS logo. Putting stuff from one vehicle to another for looks is fine with me, but putting RS logo'd stuff on an ST is like putting M logo and striping on a regular BMW, doesn't sit well with me. This is a great alternative to give you the look without the "poser" feel.

*before anyone takes this personal I have a raptor replica grill on my f-150 lol
I do have one RS logo on my car. It's hidden and my little secret. Well it's not a secret since I posted it in a few places.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #10
Anderson Composites makes an RS spoiler in carbon fiber.

That and the matching bonnet are on my build list for this summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Thought about that. Siebon also makes lots of CF parts for the face-lift MKIII.

Registered
Looks pretty good! Is the center section paint or vinyl? Do you have a close-up photo of that edge?

Registered
All painted. Which edge?

Inside edge where the performance blue meets the matte black. Curious how that was solved, the real RS wing is a matte plastic insert, not painted.

Banned
1. the upper deck isnt removable is it?

2. isnt the stock RS wing a base and upperdeck with removable side pieces? just curious

Banned
From my understanding this is just like the Ford piece. It is two pieces.

gotcha... i just had to google the RS wing. for some reason I thought the lower section and sides were together on the ford piece.. but it looks to be exactly the same as this. awesome

looks great with the black, so glad you went that route with it!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #19
gotcha... i just had to google the RS wing. for some reason I thought the lower section and sides were together on the ford piece.. but it looks to be exactly the same as this. awesome

looks great with the black, so glad you went that route with it!
Thank you. I'm glad I did that also. The factory RS uses ABS black plastic and they simply don't paint that section. I wanted the same look, so matte black it was.

Registered
On the real RS, the wing part that you painted matte black is a separate ABS piece from the side supports. I'm curious what the painted edge looks like. Hard to see in this photo, but you can see an indentation where the plastic piece goes in. Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 5.37.49 PM.png

1 - 20 of 22 Posts