Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't found any updated threads regarding conversion for the ST to the RS rear bumper. Has anyone yet done it and would like to share with the rest of us interested?

·
Registered
744 Posts
For a 2015+ ST, it should just be a matter of bolting the RS bumper up and obviously getting the exhaust modified. The RS exhaust will not bolt up to our cars as the exhausts follow different paths. Other than that, the body panels, hatch, and taillights are identical so the bumper/valance just bolt straight on.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
RS exhaust doesn't fit because the RS doesn't have a spare tire and utilizes that space.

But yea, just get the RS bumper and bolt it on.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'd imagine it would be the same with a 13 or 14 ST bumper going on a 15 or 16 ST? I have a 16 and like everything about it but I do like the earlier bumper more. The earlier one seems a little tidier, tucks in better, has less mass.
Not that I'm looking to get rear ended but if the chance ever came up I wouldn't mind changing it if it's feasible.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'd imagine it would be the same with a 13 or 14 ST bumper going on a 15 or 16 ST? I have a 16 and like everything about it but I do like the earlier bumper more. The earlier one seems a little tidier, tucks in better, has less mass.
Not that I'm looking to get rear ended but if the chance ever came up I wouldn't mind changing it if it's feasible.
No, the 2015+ models have a different hatch, different taillights, and the sheetmetal in the rear is different. Significant modifications would be necessary for that kind of swap regardless of which way you're going.

·
Registered
233 Posts
No, the 2015+ models have a different hatch, different taillights, and the sheetmetal in the rear is different. Significant modifications would be necessary for that kind of swap regardless of which way you're going.
Ah, interesting, thank you. I was going to park near a 13 or 14 to compare but now I see there's no need.
Appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
The 13/14 can run the Zetec S rear that Rebel Devil does. This allows for Dual exhaust to look normal.
The 15+ Can run the RS rear bumper

Otherwise Maxton and a couple other companies also sell some sort of options as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts