Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think an RS intake box would fit on my 16 ST?? I like that it has cut outs and also seals up against the hood...looking for more choo choo noises without any heat getting in. Thanks guys.

165610d1474906291-ford-focus-rs-engine-cover-available-purchase-ford_focus_rs_47.jpg

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Unless there was some unknown change in the 16 engine compartment I can't see it not fitting. It's been installed on my 2013 Focus ST and even on other MK3.0 Foci, and the base air box hasn't changed substantially since then.

So yes it will fit, but you have to buy the whole air cleaner assembly as Ford doesn't sell the lid separately.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's $80 at my dealer as well. I was just there last Friday getting my oil changed and I figured I'd go ask. I've seen them online for around $50 from random Ford sites, though.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Fits in no modifications necessary, looks great, and is surprisingly affordable. Why haven't your bought one yet!?!

·
Registered
517 Posts
it looks to me that the intake tube looks like that of many aftermarkets as it looks more like Round (like aftermarket, and how it should be) as compared to our ST stock ~oval shape intake tube... does that seem accurate? Do you guys think that intake tube would fit up to our stock system?

·
Premium Member
13,743 Posts
it looks to me that the intake tube looks like that of many aftermarkets as it looks more like Round (like aftermarket, and how it should be) as compared to our ST stock ~oval shape intake tube... does that seem accurate? Do you guys think that intake tube would fit up to our stock system?
That would need some testing since the RS uses a different stock turbo.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
517 Posts
That would need some testing since the RS uses a different stock turbo.

Sent from another garage.
I was thinking just the first half of the tube from the airbox to the connecting section halfway behind the engine cover..

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Just to confirm a couple things - the RS airbox itself will work fine on any 2012+ Focus ST, and the open section presses up against the hood. The intake tube from MAF sensor to turbo will not work, because the RS intake tube will not reach our puny little turbo inlet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just remove the air-box cover. That is free. There has been plenty of debate about this and a good thread on here showing that the intake temp did not increase that much at all. I have the cover off with a K&N filter. Sounds great!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts