Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hit a dog in my car :( but I took it as a chance to upgrade. So after wreck end up getting RS front bumper, Steeda intercooler and tial BOV. I know this will divide lots of people but anyone who'd like to do it I may be able to answer some questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you get ducting to make the brake cooling functional?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Is the ****ing dog okay!?! If not you are pretty chill with the fact you killed it.

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you just need the front bumper or are there extra pieces? How much did it cost?
It cost me about a $1000 but it would be much more without credit from wrecked parts. They're are quite a few extra pieces. I think it would cost $2500-$3500 to do without insurance

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Cut him some slack about the dog guys lol. Yes, it's awful that he killed a dog...like really awful...but guess what...also not his fault most likely. I've hit a cat before in another car and I know 2 people who've hit dogs and yeah they felt devastated about it but they also had to repair thousands in damage to their vehicles because the owners neglected to properly supervise a member of their family.

That said, like screzzy said, the thread is about the BADASS RS bumper he put onto his MM ST that looks dope as hell. I always feel like the RS bumper on pre-facelift ones look stupid but on the facelift ones they look natural since the RS has that style of hood/front. My ONLY gripe with it is the "wannabe" vibe it gives off at times, and the fact that when I see you in traffic I would think "look at that RS!" only to see the back and be like oh...plus probably everyone else who wants to race with you on the highway in their GT Mustangs and stuff lol

So, not sure if I'd be able to commit, but I love when some people do so I can see pictures hahaha

Reactions: lx_2nv

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great, but you definitely needs spacers with that front end imo.
I'm planning on doing wheels spacers and a wing riser. I also have steeda loweing springs to install. I wasn't a fan of the wing riser with stock bumper but I think the wing riser will help match the more aggressive look of the RS bumper.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cut him some slack about the dog guys lol. Yes, it's awful that he killed a dog...like really awful...but guess what...also not his fault most likely. I've hit a cat before in another car and I know 2 people who've hit dogs and yeah they felt devastated about it but they also had to repair thousands in damage to their vehicles because the owners neglected to properly supervise a member of their family.

That said, like screzzy said, the thread is about the BADASS RS bumper he put onto his MM ST that looks dope as hell. I always feel like the RS bumper on pre-facelift ones look stupid but on the facelift ones they look natural since the RS has that style of hood/front. My ONLY gripe with it is the "wannabe" vibe it gives off at times, and the fact that when I see you in traffic I would think "look at that RS!" only to see the back and be like oh...plus probably everyone else who wants to race with you on the highway in their GT Mustangs and stuff lol

So, not sure if I'd be able to commit, but I love when some people do so I can see pictures hahaha
I like dogs. I have a dog. Please don't kill a dog to get an RS bumper ;) He ran out in front of me doing 60 mph at night. Didn't even have time to hit brakes. He didn't have collar so may have been a stray.

Exactly why I said people would be divided. I specifically asked not get the RS badge on bumper but it is indented where the RS goes. I'm want to find a way to cover it with an ST badge where it still looks good. I'm not trying to make a RS clone I just like the way the bumper looks. I also have a big turbo to put on so hopefully by the time I'm done I'll be close to a RS hp. Just don't want race them off the line ;)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I like dogs. I have a dog. Please don't kill a dog to get an RS bumper ;) He ran out in front of me doing 60 mph at night. Didn't even have time to hit brakes. He didn't have collar so may have been a stray.

Exactly why I said people would be divided. I specifically asked not get the RS badge on bumper but it is indented where the RS goes. I'm want to find a way to cover it with an ST badge where it still looks good. I'm not trying to make a RS clone I just like the way the bumper looks. I also have a big turbo to put on so hopefully by the time I'm done I'll be close to a RS hp. Just don't want race them off the line ;)
Hey, race one off the line with 370-400 wheel HP and guaranteed it won't be a runaway for the RS, I wouldn't be surprised if you beat it honestly with good tires.

Could get thicker vinyl and cut it to the shape of the RS logo to fill it in with black then stick an actual ST logo onto it? Would work great I imagine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey, race one off the line with 370-400 wheel HP and guaranteed it won't be a runaway for the RS, I wouldn't be surprised if you beat it honestly with good tires.

Could get thicker vinyl and cut it to the shape of the RS logo to fill it in with black then stick an actual ST logo onto it? Would work great I imagine.
Kinda what I was thinking. Just doing Black vinyl with the ST emblem on top.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Kinda what I was thinking. Just doing Black vinyl with the ST emblem on top.
Yeah unless you put some kind of cover over it, which would be annoying and probably a square shape (honestly a black square with a ST logo wouldn't be THAT bad..) so vinyl fill with ST logo on it once it's smooth would be clean looking AS LONG AS you can't see the shape of the RS logo you filled. If you can see it, then black square of vinyl and ST logo over that is the route I'd take to make it look the cleanest

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm planning on doing wheels spacers and a wing riser. I also have steeda loweing springs to install. I wasn't a fan of the wing riser with stock bumper but I think the wing riser will help match the more aggressive look of the RS bumper.
Man as good as that look is I'd spend the extra $$ for an RS style spoiler over risers!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts