Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I’m getting a 2017 focus ST, but I don’t really care for the rear bumper of the ST’s with their center exhausts. Is it possible to switch the RS rear bumper with the ST’s? I would obviously modify the exhaust but didn’t know if that would be possible at all with little modifications? I know there on the same frame and whatnot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Hey I’m getting a 2017 focus ST, but I don’t really care for the rear bumper of the ST’s with their center exhausts. Is it possible to switch the RS rear bumper with the ST’s? I would obviously modify the exhaust but didn’t know if that would be possible at all with little modifications? I know there on the same frame and whatnot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes rear bumper should be a direct fit

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
So you're going to remove the stock bumper, buy an RS bumper, paint the RS bumper to match your car, then replace your entire exhaust system just because you don't like the look of the bumper?
I'm going to do the same thing on my ST for a Zetec rear with dual outlets... What's the issue?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I also hate the central exhaust and I plan on changing it on my own car but I won't be going for a genuine RS bumper and valance. There are people buying genuine RS front bumpers for their ST's and it's at least $2000 before paint because it has so many different pieces. The rear bumper and valance will easily be $1000-1500 without paint.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You guys are crazy ... dual center exit is so nice ... I mean, I suppose if you are getting a mk3.5 because they don't look nearly as good as mk3 ;).

Having said that, SS Tuning has a rear bumper that is the best of both worlds!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I cant understand how they made the front look so much better but then totally screwed up the rear.
That's a matter of opinion. Personally I prefer the looks of the pre-facelift front end, with its bigger headlights and customisable twin spoilers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
sometimes you got to get aggressive to fix a major eyesore with the MK3.5...

the lower valance looked so much better on the 2013 & 2014, I cant understand how they made the front look so much better but then totally screwed up the rear.
I agree with this 100% on the rear. The facelift models have a screwed up rear.

Now the fronts on each (pre-facelift and facelift) have their pros and cons. Personally I prefer the facelift front, but I'll do with my pre-facelift.

·
Registered
463 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts