Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw this advert. hahaha. A lot of people hate on Ken, but come on..watching the dude absolutely romp the RS with this ridiculous new "feature" is awesome. Makes me want it so much just to let out my inner kid when someone gets in and goes "what the hell is that"

·
Registered
224 Posts
I spent the day this past Saturday riding along in a friends RS at AutoX and it was amazing how the rear was sliding out without using the drift feature...I couldn't imagine what this would do!!

Reactions: Twizzty

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Considering I just got a ticket last month for drifting through an intersection, I cannot foresee a good outcome after purchasing this thing. Hopefully the high price and no good use case(legal anyway) will keep me away from this, god knows I've done dumber things though.

"But Officer, the turning radius is so bad in this car that I HAD to use my drift stick to make that u-turn..."

·
Registered
530 Posts
Would an ST even benefit from this compared to a standard handbrake? I don't know much about drifting or AWD, but doesn't this just allow the driver to keep on the gas and not clutch in to drift? Essentially turning it into a momentary FWD RS?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Would an ST even benefit from this compared to a standard handbrake? I don't know much about drifting or AWD, but doesn't this just allow the driver to keep on the gas and not clutch in to drift? Essentially turning it into a momentary FWD RS?
It is not for the ST, RS only factory installed option. Since we don't have "drift mode" with 70% RWD it would do literally nothing our hand brake doesn't already do on the ST

·
Registered
530 Posts
It is not for the ST, RS only factory installed option. Since we don't have "drift mode" with 70% RWD it would do literally nothing our hand brake doesn't already do on the ST
That's what I thought. There's ST owners in the NJ group and another facebook ST group where they said they wanted it for the ST and I was left scratching my head

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Us Jersey people are a bit slow... its the water.

Reactions: screzzy

·
Registered
395 Posts
That's what I thought. There's ST owners in the NJ group and another facebook ST group where they said they wanted it for the ST and I was left scratching my head
I think an ST would benefit from this. There are more maneuvers that were possible in the Octane Academy STs than in the regular ST because they had a handbrake similar to this, but had a second master cylinder and a second caliper mounted on the rear.

It would be a way to simulate some light drifting in a FWD car and if done right can be useful.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Can you imagine how fast you would go thru a set of tires? Good night! Time to start buying $100 tires!

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Can you imagine how fast you would go thru a set of tires? Good night! Time to start buying $100 tires!
That's what I'm saying lol you better be quite comfortable with your money to buy a 40k dollar car then a pair of tires monthly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts