Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I have found them for $63 elsewhere, but still seems like a lot for a couple mass produced plastic parts.
I'm trying to find the individual part #'s to buy them through Ford parts websites.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ya I have found them for $63 elsewhere, but still seems like a lot for a couple mass produced plastic parts.
I'm trying to find the individual part #'s to buy them through Ford parts websites.
You are better off buying the whole kit from Capaldi Racing or CJ Pony parts. Fordparts.com says $63 MSRP for each side. Capaldi racing is the absolute cheapest I have found for the air deflectors.

Dealership LHS
Dealership RHS

Reactions: gottligm06

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
seems like you could make them if you own a drill, saw and a heat gun and bought a sheet of plastic.

they are hidden under the car, no as if they need to be perfect or "manufactured" even $63 seems way more than I would pay for something that.... might help cool the brakes.

Pay the real muney$ and get a brake cooling kit with real ducts and tubing...

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
RS OEM L & R brake deflectors with push clips: $47 for everything

G1FZ-8310-A $25
G1FZ-8311-B $20
W718379-S300 $2

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
I really want a RS!

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Using the deflectors? No, they don't touch anything, they're just attached to the arm

I don't have more pictures, it's an easy fitting.

2018-03-26 18.28.33.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
thanks, did you feel a big difference on track? did you track the car?
did you remove the dust shield from the brake disk for better cooling of the disk?

·
Registered
90 Posts
thanks, did you feel a big difference on track? did you track the car?
did you remove the dust shield from the brake disk for better cooling of the disk?
I tried everything possible to prevent overheat with the stock brakes with no big results and in the end i just upgraded to the big brake kit (Brembo, 4 pistons and 350mm rotors).

I use it regularly on hard curvy roads and it's a huge load for the brakes too, before i couldn't touch the wheel when i stopped and now i can.

I removed the dust/heat shields with the stock brakes for a while and i can't tell if it made a difference.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Seems simple, unless I am missing something, remove the fog lights and duct the air to the brakes. There are all sorts of ducting scoops on the market.

·
Registered
13 Posts
the main issue on this car with the brakes caused by the TVS system
on my car i have LSD and a software to reduce TVS( it does not defeat it to 0 but lower its impact) together i can track the car on a tight circuit with no cooling time.
but, brake cooling is never enough....

didn't find a reasonable priced kit for the fog light

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
the main issue on this car with the brakes caused by the TVS system
on my car i have LSD and a software to reduce TVS( it does not defeat it to 0 but lower its impact) together i can track the car on a tight circuit with no cooling time.
but, brake cooling is never enough....

didn't find a reasonable priced kit for the fog light
I think you'd have to make something to work in place of the fog lights, and install them for track use, but revert back to stock for normal street use. This area kind of crosses the line between street and track use. If you are tracking it hard enough to fade/overheat your brakes, the brake pad compound, rotors, and cooling will need to change when you do this You can have these parts set aside just for track days. That, just or have a dedicated track car.

I would not be a fan of the bolt on air deflectors.

Remove those dust shields for sure.

Something like this, but could use a bigger inlet scoop for more cooling:
https://www.karter.co.za/product/ford-focus-st250-velossa-tech-brake-cooling-kit/

This one from Ford should cool much more than the one above, but is very expensive:
https://advancedautofab.com/p/aaf-ford-focus-rs-brake-cooling-kit/

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I think you'd have to make something to work in place of the fog lights, and install them for track use, but revert back to stock for normal street use. This area kind of crosses the line between street and track use. If you are tracking it hard enough to fade/overheat your brakes, the brake pad compound, rotors, and cooling will need to change when you do this You can have these parts set aside just for track days. That, just or have a dedicated track car.
Maybe a dumb question... What's the con of using something like the Velossa Tech Brake Cooling Kit on a daily, apart from not having fog lights (I've never really needed fog lights anyway!)?
In this kit there are some kind of blocking plates for daily-driving your car... why? Can't I have cool brakes on a daily too?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Maybe a dumb question... What's the con of using something like the Velossa Tech Brake Cooling Kit on a daily, apart from not having fog lights (I've never really needed fog lights anyway!)?
In this kit there are some kind of blocking plates for daily-driving your car... why? Can't I have cool brakes on a daily too?
My opinion is if you are not driving it on a track, the you shouldn't need the added cooling. If you drive the twisty roads, and back roads enough to warrant needing this, then run them. You will pick up a lot of debris from normal roads, than you would from a track(unless you go off...), so I would not recommend them for street driving. Upgraded brake rotors and pads first, but never run race pads on the street, as they will not get up to temperature like that on a track. Just don't do it.

I don't know about that Velossa Kit, so I can't comment on actual usage. Is it going to cool enough on track? I guess something is better than nothing. Someone that might know more about it could chime in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts