Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody locally is parting out and has the RS box for sale. Is there a difference between the hood insulation on the ST and RS or does the lid still seal to the insulation on the ST?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Somebody locally is parting out and has the RS box for sale. Is there a difference between the hood insulation on the ST and RS or does the lid still seal to the insulation on the ST?
The RS airbox should seal up to the hood.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You can buy the lid, bottom and filter for $50 at sunrise Ford (with Free shipping)
~NEW~ as well...
I didn't realize that came with the filter too. I gave that Part# to my dealership, hopefully it comes with the filter too :)
I had a green filter in for 2 weeks before going back to oem

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can buy the lid, bottom and filter for $50 at sunrise Ford (with Free shipping)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
It is the whole box practically new minus the filter which I don't need. I already have the one that came in the car plus the K&N I'm using that came out of my 2012 Focus.

Here's another question; is the air box tilted to the right in anybody else's car? I never noticed it on mine until I installed the Cobb intake tube.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is the whole box practically new minus the filter which I don't need.
You should use that as some negotiating power though. You can probably get it from him for 30...or ask for just the lid for even less.
I already told him I'd take it once it was verified as sealing. No sense on trying to lowball a guy when the part is practically new and a non wear item.

·
Registered
440 Posts
got this today.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just looking at the front left side opening, does this line up with the air inlets on the ST too? or would I need to modify these? Doesn't the RS use a snorkel similar to the FRPP snorkel?

Also, does the RS logo on the grill come off?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just looking at the front left side opening, does this line up with the air inlets on the ST too? or would I need to modify these? Doesn't the RS use a snorkel similar to the FRPP snorkel?

Also, does the RS logo on the grill come off?
The lower box is the same as the st. The RS logo would have to be dremeled out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
...why'd you decide to do this? Not like the noise from the open end, or some other reason?
Well it wasn't THATTTT much louder than stock with the lid off...and I scared myself into thinking it would suck a lot of dirt into the engine - so maybe that's true, maybe not...but the stock filter has more than enough airflow, and the best filtration out of any filters. Peace of mind for me

·
Registered
122 Posts
got this today.

Can you do me a favor and take closer pics of how that bottom grommet is attached? I broke mine and want to see how hard/easy it would be to replace. Any info would be extremely helpful.

·
Registered
440 Posts
here is the box upside down. It has 2 plastic grommets and 1 rubber one.
here is the rubber one removed. It is grooved and slides in place

·
Registered
440 Posts
here is the box upside down. It has 2 plastic grommets and 1 rubber one.
here is the rubber one removed. It is grooved and slides in place

I just put the new lid on the st bottom. Going to try to find something cool to cover the RS logo. If you need the rubber grommet Stamos, you can have it.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts