Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New one here and decided to ask if anyone got any idea why my focus tachometer keeps jamming +1k rpm than the actual rpms, sometimes it even drops to 0rpm while casually driving 60mph. As I've read the gauge sweep does fix it but as soon as I have "wheel hop" or low traction and front wheels spin more than intended until traction is gained the-god-damn tachometer gets messed up, I live in Finland and ice is quite common around my region. Even though it is fixable with gauge sweep, it would be nice to not always end driving with doing gauge sweep. Also hard pulls with the car usually messes up tachometer. I've heard that Focus RPM readings come from computer and not from lets say gearbox? Permanent fix would be great if anyone got one. Other than tachometer, car works fine and drives great(Stock ST).

Ford Focus ST 2.0 EcoBoost 2014 ST3. (Imported from US).

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,253 Posts
Sounds like its a mechanical issue with the gauge itself. If you actually lost RPM signal, the engine would stop running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.