Ford Focus ST Forum banner

roof dent/spoiler

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Mzdrati 
#1 ·
like an idiot, i set my torx bits on my roof (so i thought) turns out i set it on part that lifts with the hatch.. so (taking out my 3rd brake light) i pop the hatch, the bits slide down into the opening crevice, and get jammed in there, the hatch pushes itself up and wha-la, that's how you dint up your roof.. take notes so y'all know how its done, so u don't do it.. now since i explained how you do this part, does anyone know how to do the part that reverses it? I've done some Auto body work, but that was back in highschool.. anybody know any cool tricks like compressed air to freeze it or something? idk what to do

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
I actually have a similar lil ding right in the center of my hatch too, but I didn't drop any torx buts I can't figure out where it came from. And I don't know if it was there before or after I did my riser install, all I know is I never dropped any screws or bits during install so I know it wasnt from that, I thought maybe it had been the antenna but it seems way to soft to create a lil indent like that.

#5 ·
I have a new ding nearly identical to that one, but a foot rear of yours (on the wing). A friend of mine who is a genius with PDR says that he cannot perform his magic on plastic, so unless he is wrong, my dent will be there until I find a replacement wing (anyone have a 100% perfect Shadow Black wing FS??)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.