Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can do it now if you want to use a 360.3. Full rf system today might not be what it once was.
Do we think this DSR1 will provide the ability to replace the ST3 headunit you think? Would be sick to be able to put the 4201NEX in there...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow, this is fantastic looking. I was just planning out some ideas for this car but was thinking about keeping it to just a speaker swap to save the hassle, now it's game on!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Do we think this DSR1 will provide the ability to replace the ST3 headunit you think? Would be sick to be able to put the 4201NEX in there...
no, that is the exact opposite of what it is designed to do...

it is a two part device. it is a mixture of a Maestro AR (Amp Replacement) which is designed to allow easy replacements of factory amps in applications where the OEM radio sends out a non fading signal, and then uses data commands to fade, balance and control the amp, it also have Rockford's 3Sixty Digital Sound Processor which you would use to tweak the sound with a super fancy EQ, time alignment and more.

this device is made to keep the OEM headunit, not replace it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too am waiting for the DSR1 for my 17 RS. I have some Hertz HSK 165 for the front doors, 2 10" Hertz Mille Pro subs.

Still unsure on what i want to run for amps. I really want to try to keep it all class D for efficiency and size.

Was looking at PPI 900.4 for the front doors. It seems to get decent reviews. This will allow me to go active at some point if i feel the need.

Wont be using the rear door speakers at all. Kills sound stage.

For subs, each is rated at 600 rms. With 2 i will be running a 2 ohm load. Any options on a decent SQ amp that wont break the bank?

Anyone know when the DSR1 is supposed to be released? Hopefully soon!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Why would you wanna replace Sync 3 anyway?

Don't have Navi, get the correct ACM and have it flashed into it.

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
son of a ......

but I kinda figured that was coming since Q1 (the original projected release date) has came and past and also I've been told that the Maestro AR ("Amp Replacement" module aka the other half of the DSR1) has also been pushed back in my stores system...

well I guess I'l just stare at this box of car audio stuff sitting in the corner of my office just a little bit longer :(

·
Registered
163 Posts
Oh man, i cant wait for this to be released. It will make all our lives so much easier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just in case RF keeps pushing, check out the AudioControl DM-810, or the soon to be released D-4.800/6.1200. They are not the same class, they don't tie into Canbus, but they have a ton of tuning, like the 360. I have been reading up on the RC and AC, and the 360 doesn't get a whole lot of love. I am not sure if it is because it is mostly shops tuning them that don't want to share too much or what... But, the AC D series is brand new so it is in a similar boat. The D-4 series has a built in amp, so if 125 watts per channel is enough for you, it is pretty tempting since you can get the processor and amp all in one package. If you could fit that under your dash, it would be a nice setup since you could keep all the speaker wires there and just run the patch(s) to the rear.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I was looking into the new AudioControl units, but the biggest reason I wanted to stay away from post amp processors is because of how the OEM Sony amp modifies the EQ differently at different volume levels. Sure the Accubass processing can try to correct the bass roll off (and it will do a decent job at it) but it's not perfect and it would be much better to grab the direct signal before it's ever molested.

Before I found out about the DSR1, the next best thing I was going to do was to use PAC new model that should be out also very soon that does a lot of the same (minus any tuning) since PAC is a vendor at my shop, I would get it for another lot less than its retail price (because that price makes no sense since a DSR1 does so much more for less) and then I was going to use it with a JL Twk to do the sound tuning since it's got a decent price.

It seriously is nothing short of a game changer for the Sony equipped cars (and premium Chrysler's if that's your thing). With it being a fee months from being released, I can't see going with any other options!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was looking into the new AudioControl units, but the biggest reason I wanted to stay away from post amp processors is because of how the OEM Sony amp modifies the EQ differently at different volume levels. Sure the Accubass processing can try to correct the bass roll off (and it will do a decent job at it) but it's not perfect and it would be much better to grab the direct signal before it's ever molested.

Before I found out about the DSR1, the next best thing I was going to do was to use PAC new model that should be out also very soon that does a lot of the same (minus any tuning) since PAC is a vendor at my shop, I would get it for another lot less than its retail price (because that price makes no sense since a DSR1 does so much more for less) and then I was going to use it with a JL Twk to do the sound tuning since it's got a decent price.

It seriously is nothing short of a game changer for the Sony equipped cars (and premium Chrysler's if that's your thing). With it being a fee months from being released, I can't see going with any other options!

My thoughts exactly. I have a TON of stuff waiting for me to install in my RS. Now i am just waiting on the DSR1. Grabbing the signal before is the way to go. I just hope the DSR1 is not a flop.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts