Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought some rinno ramps since Im tired of jacking the car up and putting stands on it, wanted to make my life easier.......wellllll ...... I acelarated a little to much and one of the ramps slipped and got suck under the driver door.

I said to myself $hyt , oh well, the damage it's done, let me take a picture before I try to remove it......... after taking the pic I jacked the car up and removed the ramp and everything came back to place, only a plastic clip came off, I just put it back and that was it..... :D

IMG_1557.JPG
IMG_1558.JPG

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Thank god for highly flexible plastic! Possible paint issues down the road, but it's cool that it isn't visually damaged. :cool:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Wow. You must have needed a fresh pair of pants when you went over. That's a huge fear of mine every time I use those.

·
Registered
371 Posts
This hurt my soul, one RR brother to another. glad to see everything went back into place! Could only imagine the words that were being said when this all went down

·
Registered
233 Posts
Phew, I thought I was going to read that Rhinos just don't work with STs. I have a set and was planning on doing my first DIY oil change on it later this month (I was in a hurry and first one was done at a Mobil dealer for $90+ !!! for Mobil 1. I'll do my own for less than half that, thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
One trick that I use with mine: I tie-off a length of 1/4"-3/8" nylon rope on the front/resting end (my ramps have carrying slots) then lay the "wild" end down the ramp with couple of inches extra. When you drive slowly up the ramp, the rope is literally pulling the ramp into the tire, so it cannot slip. This, plus some plywood ramp extensions, works great for me.

Reactions: Go Kart

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have the same ramps but I never hit 20lbs of boost getting up on them.... the limp it huge I cant imagine going over it
I didn't even feel passing the bump, it just ate the ramp, the other side was perfect lol.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow. You must have needed a fresh pair of pants when you went over. That's a huge fear of mine every time I use those.
Just bought this car about 2 weeks ago, I was about to put the bracket on the new downpipe and this happens. Never had problems using this ramps with my other cars, next time I will buy a huge rug and put under the ramps, to make they don't slip, my garage floor is very slippery.

Reactions: willfromfreeport

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I said a few bad words trust me, then took a deep breath and ran to look for my jack, I would be crying right now if the door got damaged by this, but thank God it didn't.

Reactions: willfromfreeport

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This hurt my soul, one RR brother to another. glad to see everything went back into place! Could only imagine the words that were being said when this all went down
I sent a picture to my cousin, and he started laughing because I decided to take a picture instead trying to fix the situation....... I felt like those parents that take pictures of their kids hanging from somewhere or stuck on the stairs and don't help them quickly lol.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I sent a picture to my cousin, and he started laughing because I decided to take a picture instead trying to fix the situation....... I felt like those parents that take pictures of their kids hanging from somewhere or stuck on the stairs and don't help them quickly lol.
Yeah no kidding!!

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
679 Posts
Oh the joys of open differentials...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Getting this car up on the rhino ramps is a delicate process. I've never had one slide out but its a tense few moments getting up on them. Now that I've installed the Mountune Clubsport suspension the car is too low for the rhino ramps. I've resorted to flipping the ramps backwards and just jacking the car up enough to get the ramps underneath the tires and using them sort of as jack stands. The process defeats the purpose of ramps. I may switch to race ramps in the future but I think I'd rather spend some extra coin and get a Ranger Quickjack system.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
I just had the same experience yesterday pulling a Pontiac Vibe onto my Rhino Ramps. The passenger side shot out, and the driver side stayed up on the ramp, but warped it a bit. I was initially hesitant to use them out in the driveway, as the ashphalt is a little uneven. I'm not going to reuse the ramps, for $40 I'll just get a new set.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My ST is lowered on coils, will rhino ramps work? I am tired of jacking it up every few weeks when I work on the car.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
My ST is lowered on coils, will rhino ramps work? I am tired of jacking it up every few weeks when I work on the car.
slammed on coils or? what is the drop? My rhino ramps have worked with guys that have spring drops of a 1" or less but they do rub a little.

If you are going to lower or have lowered the best thing to do is get a floor jack, jack up the car and slip the ramps under the front or rear tires... That is what I do most the time if I don't want or need to put the car on jack stands

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
If you don't currently have them and are buying new ones, then spend money on the race ramps. Rhino's barely cleared my stock ST. No way they will clear my Mountune Clubsport without rubbing. Race ramps are not cheap, but they are well worth the asking price. They don't move, they are durable, and they are light weight. The incline is long enough that you should not have problems rubbing unless you are lowered to the point where ramps are not an option at all.

Reactions: LockeLamora33
1 - 20 of 22 Posts