Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Instant coffee Coffee Kopi luwak Ipoh white coffee Small appliance

Rockford Fosgate® -

Saved for my install

Going with 1Loudst suggestion ...
@1LoudST Thanks

on top of the DSR-1, your going to need the Ford specific T harness. haven't heard yet if it will just use the same T harness the Maestro AR uses (thats my bet) or if it will have its own version. if it is the same as the AR, it will probably cost around $40
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-2fOaV3...2-Harness.html

so far
$800-$250-$40= $510

one of the best cheaper full system/5ch amps I've used is the pioneer GM-D9605, which can be found for as low as $200 shipped. tons of good clean power cheap.
Pioneer GM-D9605-5-Channel Class D Amplifier with Wired Bass Boost Remote NEW! | eBay

$510-200=$310

and at less than $150 a pair for speakers, the only thing good I like would be pioneer D series, which used to retail for near 200/pr but can often be found for under 100. very clear and detailed and a little on the bright side if you like that (which can be toned down on the DSR-1 if you dont)
https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-D1.../dp/B00SI4RGIY

$310-$93-$93=$124

and with the extra $124, you can put that toward a little sound deadening and cables and misc stuff for the install. Instant coffee Coffee Kopi luwak Ipoh white coffee Small appliance

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just bought one on ebay for $189. Still need the harness tho. We shall see what I get, the DSR-1, or a box of rocks.
I ordered mine and got the news it was back ordered, pending release. Today I got the confirmation from Crutch with tracking numbers and they charged my card. Now all the goodies are going to sit for two weeks while I travel :tongue:

I need to order some Dynamat now. Looking forward to hearing some better sound.

So far Im in at $675 with speakers amp DSR1 and cable, combo Crutch Ebay and amazon.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
mine is sitting at my suppliers an hour and a half away, I'm am hoping to scoot out for a long lunch tomorrow and pick it up. then I got to get motivated to build a box and finish a friends car to make some room for my car!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Ordered today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mine just showed up today. I'm really surprised at how small this thing is. The harness that comes with it and the Maestro adapter harness are quality pieces. Time to start doing some wiring!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Much excite ! Hoping I can start installing when I get back from work travel. I will be checking in looking for updates.

Mine just showed up today. I'm really surprised at how small this thing is. The harness that comes with it and the Maestro adapter harness are quality pieces. Time to start doing some wiring!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I learned a little more today about this box. First off, your going to need a Windows based computer to load the firmware into it. I have a Mac so i can't do it right now. Even with a windows emulator. And Maestro tech support told me today that the firmware is NOT available yet, RF tech says that it IS.:roll eyes: And although the Maestro harness looks ok, you get no instructions with it. Theres a thread on FocusRS.org talking about this stuff also. Hopefully this all gets figured out soon.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
And although the Maestro harness looks ok, you get no instructions with it. Theres a thread on FocusRS.org talking about this stuff also. Hopefully this all gets figured out soon.
well there is firmware out for it cause I hooked mine up to the computer when I got back to the office and loaded it up and configured it no problem... also after you get it configured, as with all other maestro products, you download and print off the install guide for your specific car and the harness that you used. seems to me that it is already figured out pretty well.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
long drive today, but well worth it for the price paid

Technology Electronic device Electronics Electronics accessory Electronic component

also ProTip#1, the 3.Sixty side flashes/updates separately with a different piece of software than the Maestro side does, do that first (since out of the box it was version 1.0 and it needs to be 1.2xxx or better to work with the maestro half) since when I updated mine, it reset the Maestro and needed to be reconfigured (not that big of a deal since it only took a minute or two to do)

ProTip#2, use windows explorer to flash the device, chrome is not supported.

not going to lie, I was kinda expecting it to be little smaller. lol but its still about 40% the size or smaller than a standalone 3.Sixty

·
Registered
394 Posts
well there is firmware out for it cause I hooked mine up to the computer when I got back to the office and loaded it up and configured it no problem... also after you get it configured, as with all other maestro products, you download and print off the install guide for your specific car and the harness that you used. seems to me that it is already figured out pretty well.
Oh good. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Rockford Fosgate "Perfect Tune" app initial thoughts

interesting this about this device, is that instead of having to hook up a computer to the device to do all of the tuning, it has bluetooth built in and all tuning is done through an app for a phone or tablet. other than the inconvenience of having to have a computer to actually make the adjustments, the software side was very nice and showed a lot of information all at once and you could select many places to make little changes across different settings.

the first thing that pops up when you open the app is a dual dial screen with subwoofer level and punch EQ settings, similar to the dual bass knob that comes with the 3Sixty.3

Text Font Screenshot Technology Circle

with the new app, it has been much simplified (the old interface wouldn't not ever be able to be used on a small screen like a phone) and no you can see one graph at a time and select a channel to make changes. it is a lot more convenient since everyone will always have a phone with them, but it will take a little longer to make all the different adjustments

first you select which channel you want to tune, and here you can link or unlink pairs of channels together (so any adjustments you make to the left channel will be copied to the right channel)
Text Technology Font Screenshot Games

then once you're in the channel you want, you can select the EQ freq point you want to adjust, the "Q" factor or width of the adjustment (since its a parametric EQ) and then how much you want to boost or cut.
Text Technology Sky Screenshot Electronic device

so far it looks like it does not have the ability to analyze the incoming signal and automatically flatten the EQ curve (this may change once its connected to the device.)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Man I'm glad your on top of this thing. I'm just going to wait until you have yours up and running and learn all about it from you. Thats why these forums are great. Everyone can always learn something from someone. Thanks for sharing all this info.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Man, I've been waiting for this since when it was originally supposed to be released in the spring! I just wish it came out a little sooner before I picked up a couple extra projects before I go on vacation next month. its going to be a busy few weeks coming up.

·
Registered
737 Posts
long drive today, but well worth it for the price paid

View attachment 277858

also ProTip#1, the 3.Sixty side flashes/updates separately with a different piece of software than the Maestro side does, do that first (since out of the box it was version 1.0 and it needs to be 1.2xxx or better to work with the maestro half) since when I updated mine, it reset the Maestro and needed to be reconfigured (not that big of a deal since it only took a minute or two to do)

ProTip#2, use windows explorer to flash the device, chrome is not supported.

not going to lie, I was kinda expecting it to be little smaller. lol but its still about 40% the size or smaller than a standalone 3.Sixty
Interested to see how to set it up and also interested to hear what you think of it

·
Registered
394 Posts
Is it really this simple to setup?

View attachment 278138
Ya it seems to be. Remove the factory Amp, wire it up, install the Amp and speakers of your choice and go. I think the hardest part would be getting it all adjusted correctly if you've never done it before. Thats the position i'm in. I can wire/install it all, but setting up the EQ, crossovers, and everything else it will adjust will be a first for me.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ya it seems to be. Remove the factory Amp, wire it up, install the Amp and speakers of your choice and go. I think the hardest part would be getting it all adjusted correctly if you've never done it before. Thats the position i'm in. I can wire/install it all, but setting up the EQ, crossovers, and everything else it will adjust will be a first for me.
Would this be a plug and play setup for an ST1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
737 Posts
I already have speakers, amp, sub etc. Its just all running on a LOC. So i'll just have my audio guy basically throw all the wiring back to stock then boom plug and play.

1 - 20 of 287 Posts