Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take some time and give an overall review and backstory of my experiences with Brian Tyson @ JST Performance. I bought a 2016 Focus ST and this is my first performance car as well as first turbo car. I knew from the start that I wanted more power and to make this vehicle fit my personality and goals. Knowing this was going to take time and money I figured I would get my research started. I ended up on focusst.org as well as a few Facebook groups. I joined the local ATL ST Club and learned about a local tuner. I chatted with him a bit and even know I haven’t bought anything for my car yet, he took the time to answer my questions and give me a reasonable idea of what to expect and how to reach my goal.

My goal was to have a daily driver that I can also use to try out some AutoX and Track sessions. I ended up meeting Brian and his wife Corrin at a local meet where he took a bit of time and shared stories, as well as some more info about the ST. I made my first purchase (filter, plugs, shift plate, ap, symposer delete, rmm) from Brian and ended just going stage1 to get things started. I bought his flash tune and things were great. Speaking with him more I ended up purchasing his Lifetime tune package, and since I recently bought the Flash Tune, he worked out it out with me to save me some money on the Lifetime tune.

This is where things got even better. I reached out to Brian and told him that I was ready to go stage3, we ordered the parts (cat back, bpv/bov, fmic) and they were delivered promptly. He also made sure I was aware of what parts I didn’t need to spend money on (charge pipes, intake, etc). I did the install for all of my parts except the FMIC. Brian sent me a quick stage1 tune that was adjusted for the install of the catless downpipe so that I could safely drive the car down to his shop. He did the FMIC install at his shop (I didn’t feel like messing with taking off the bumper) and he was laid back the entire time. He answered questions while working on my car, and made sure I was aware of what to expect when running Stage3. I even got to experience his Big Turbo GTX2867R ST, and now I am tempted to go BT in the future. After everything was installed and tuned the car up, I can now say my Focus is definitely a different animal. I will have to look into some wider wheels and tires to keep that wheel spin under control. It feels fantastic plus it’s rocking the JSTUNED banner on the windshield.

In our local club he has been a wealth of knowledge and knows how to tune the cars to make them run!

Parts installed on my car:
-Cobb Filter
-NGK Iridium (1 step colder)
-Cobb Shift Plate
-Cobb Symposer Delete
-Cobb Rear Motor Mount
-Cobb Accessport
-CFM 3” T409 Catless Downpipe
-MBRP 3” T409 Catback Exhaust
-JST Performance Intercooler (Mishimoto J-Line)
-Turbosmart 50/50 BPV/BOW
-Cobb Exhaust Hangers
-Damond Motorsports Stage 3 Catch Can Kit
-JSTuned Lifetime Tune
-93 Octane Stage 3 Tune w/ E30 Map

If you are looking for someone to tune your Fiesta, Focus, Ecoboost Mustang. You need to at least do yourself a favor and give Brian @ JST Performance a shout. If it helps to know, his Focus ST has worked hard to earn it’s 20,000+ miles as a daily driver and track car.

12705521_10207993548450466_4662966466745997566_n.jpg 12790973_10207993548850476_3242077020531446958_n.jpg 12803076_10207993548570469_7218488446637281124_n.jpg

·
Vendor
119 Posts
Thank you for the very nice review Darin!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I second everything brokenwall said as I also made the drive out to JST Performance shop. I went with there custom tune and Brian really dialed it in. Runs perfect, and pulls hard. He customized the tune based on some concerns I have which is conservation of the engine. I've had other tunes from popular names on this site and they don't compare to my JST tune. JST Performance has a huge knowledge base on these cars, literally knows them inside and out; and can get you parts for cheap. You won't regret it, I Highly recommend JST Performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts