Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the pleasure of testing out Damond's latest product for the Focus ST, that being the Sound symposer delete kit. Review time!

First off, what is the sound symposer and why would you want to "delete it". The stock exhaust is quiet on the outside, yet this is a performance vehicle from Ford... Ford came up with a pretty cool idea to give you that engine noise that makes you smile, without annoying your neighbors, and that would be the sound symposer. It is, in a nutshell, a tube that goes from the intake to the firewall that carries the engine noise into the cabin, and is controlled by a valve. Well, most of us put a catback or turbo back exhaust on our car which renders the sound symposer useless. The valve and tubes, as well as the block on the intake manifold take up a considerable amount of room under the hood in an already congested engine bay. Removing this allows for more room, enough that you could be able to fit a meth tank in there. (I'll get to why this kit is "met kit ready" later)

So, heres the block off plate! You will also receive a plug for the firewall tube, not shown here.

Here is a shot of the Sound symposer box on the intake manifold

The block off plate will take place of this box. Installation is one of the simplest things! Remove the two screws that hold the box to the intake manifold and remove the box. Install the block off plate and use supplied screws. unplug the Symposer valve, and remove from its location and make sure you zip tie the wire for the valve up to ensure it does not get in the way of the gear linkage. Remove the symposer hoses and plug the elbow on the firewall. Viola! lots more room under the hood now!

Here is what you will have taken off of the car.

Personally I love the look of the kit, it is slightly visible when your looking under the hood. Damond also has a couple of color choices! Heres what Mine looks like installed on the car!

One advantage to this kit, Damond has included a threaded hole to allow for a fitting to read your boost! This is PERFECT for a Meth kit! Instead of splicing into the factory vac lines. The threaded hole can be seen in the following picture, where the gold plug is

Now, I HIGHLY recommend that you ALSO purchase an Oil Catch Can from Damond as well. Go check out my review on that! They are awesome!

Here is the reason I say I recommend this kit in conjunction with the Oil Catch can. The catch can prevents oil from collecting in the intake manifold. As I found out when removing the symposer, oil makes its way into the symposer and the valve, with enough pressure that could put oil up near the cabin, and/or fumes.

In the following pictures you can see the oil.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ordered one when it went live. Can't wait to install it. I think it will be here this week so I'll add some pictures too

1 - 2 of 2 Posts