Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Just placed my order for the PSMM. Hoping this does the trick cuz right now my car is pretty unbearable. I have already gone back to the stock TMM which definitely helped smooth things over at idle, take-off, and low speed. However, combined with the JBR PSMM and my COBB RMM I get ridiculous amount of NVH between 50-55mph. I would have gone back to the stock PSMM as well, but mine is actually shot. Also I have the prototype light weight flywheel from ACT because they used my car for R&D. Obviously this contributes some additional NVH, but what I'm experiencing at the moment is unacceptable for a daily driver cuz it's driving me nuts! If this new mount doesn't bring things down to an acceptable level I don't know what else to do...

·
Registered
273 Posts
There were not any instructions, I am not sure if Damond Motorsports has plans to write any, ...

I installed the main bushing bolt (yellow) at 75 Ft/Lbs

I installed the 2 bolts (silver) that connect the top/bottom half at 50 Ft/Lbs

As you mentioned they don't publish any instructions, so are these torque specs just your best guess or did these come from Damond?

·
Registered
106 Posts
As you mentioned they don't publish any instructions, so are these torque specs just your best guess or did these come from Damond?
I'm in the same boat. Mount is sitting in the office with no instructions. I'm using a combination of the jbr instructions and the Damond Psmm for the Mazda 3.

The three mount bolts I plan to torque to 30-40 ft-lbs

Nuts and bolts that attach to the motor and frame I'm between 45-60 ft-Lbs

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm in the same boat. Mount is sitting in the office with no instructions. I'm using a combination of the jbr instructions and the Damond Psmm for the Mazda 3.

The three mount bolts I plan to torque to 30-40 ft-lbs

Nuts and bolts that attach to the motor and frame I'm between 45-60 ft-Lbs
I ended up talking with Damond motorsports, consensus was 70 on the main, 45 on the two, and whatever factory is on the other three, probably 30-35 but don't quote me on the last part.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I ended up talking with Damond motorsports, consensus was 70 on the main, 45 on the two, and whatever factory is on the other three, probably 30-35 but don't quote me on the last part.
Ok, so 70 ft-lbs for the 19mm main bushing bolt. 45 ft-lbs for the two smaller bolts that hold the bushing to the mount. Thanks!

I think I'll do the three OEM nuts and two bolts to 40-45 ft-lbs. that's what jbr says in there instructions. Don't have a helm's so I have no idea what the specs are...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just took mine out for a short drive. Definitely some more vibration compared to the stock, but I would expect that. I'm happy with the level of vibration though - pretty minimal IMO.

·
Vendor
16 Posts
Just placed my order for the PSMM. Hoping this does the trick cuz right now my car is pretty unbearable. I have already gone back to the stock TMM which definitely helped smooth things over at idle, take-off, and low speed. However, combined with the JBR PSMM and my COBB RMM I get ridiculous amount of NVH between 50-55mph. I would have gone back to the stock PSMM as well, but mine is actually shot. Also I have the prototype light weight flywheel from ACT because they used my car for R&D. Obviously this contributes some additional NVH, but what I'm experiencing at the moment is unacceptable for a daily driver cuz it's driving me nuts! If this new mount doesn't bring things down to an acceptable level I don't know what else to do...
I would love to hear your feedback once it's installed and broken in.

We'll get the guide done soon. Big bolt to 70 ft-lbs, smaller bolts to 50 ft-lbs will work fine. Frame bolts and timing cover studs to OEM values is ideal.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I would love to hear your feedback once it's installed and broken in.

We'll get the guide done soon. Big bolt to 70 ft-lbs, smaller bolts to 50 ft-lbs will work fine. Frame bolts and timing cover studs to OEM values is ideal.
I'll definitely post up a review after I get some miles on it. Probably tackle the install tomorrow. Would you happen to have those OEM values?

·
Registered
917 Posts
80 Nm (59 ft-lbs) for studs.
90 Nm (66 ft-lbs) for frame bolts.

If I was actually torquing things on my car, I'd probably set it to 65 ft-lbs and do everything.
Right on, thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Been hearing good things about this mount on fb. Any update on longer term testing? I have the cpe stage 2 rmm and am looking to try to reduce wheel hop.

Sent from my Oneplus 2

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Been hearing good things about this mount on fb. Any update on longer term testing? I have the cpe stage 2 rmm and am looking to try to reduce wheel hop.

Sent from my Oneplus 2
It is still the most amazing mount I have on my car. Over 5k on mine and the vibs have died down significantly (not that they were bad to begin with). If they came out with an RMM similar to the Boomba and CP-E I would swap over immediately.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I have no complaints about my DM mount. It looks great and install was a breeze. Turns out however that the extreme NVH I was experiencing had nothing to do with my motor mounts. Even after I swapped out my JBR for the DM mount my car was unbearable to drive. This made me look elsewhere for the source of my problems. Took my car to the dealership and had them drive it and go over the front drive train with a fine tooth comb. Come to find out both my front wheel hub assembly bearings were shot:shocked:! Unfortunately they could not explain why after only 70k miles this was the case, but thanks to my extended warranty they were replaced. I got my car back last week and sweet bearded blond haired blue eyed baby Jesus it drives like brand new! No unnecessary NVH whatsoever! All my dash rattles are gone! The only thing I hear now is my exhaust and turbo which is the music to my ears that I'd been so desperately missing. Heck I've been driving around mostly with the radio off lol! Unfortunately because of all this I can't give a good comparison between the JBR and DM passenger mounts. At this point I'm keeping my setup as is: COBB rear mount, DM passenger mount, and stock transmission mount.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
21 - 40 of 45 Posts