Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be an ongoing review of the DM PSMM which is still in the Beta Testing Stages:

Item arrived well packaged:

Double Boxed:

Bubble Wrapped:

Everything Looking Good!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
There were not any instructions, I am not sure if Damond Motorsports has plans to write any, I installed the upper half upside down initially and didn't notice until i went to install it on the car:

Move the radiator overflow tank out of the way (2 Snap-In Tabs).
Remove the 5 Factory bolts.
And you should be looking at something like this:

Install the 3 studs provided by Damond Motorsports.
Notice the front bolt will thread through:

Install as pictured:

Remove front stud:

Install Factory Lock-Nut onto Stud provided by Damond Motorsports and re-install together:

Finished:

I installed the main bushing bolt (yellow) at 75 Ft/Lbs

I installed the 2 bolts (silver) that connect the top/bottom half at 50 Ft/Lbs

The 5 factory bolts I installed using the factory specs.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have previously installed and driven with both the Steeda & JBR PSMM both 70 durometer and decided to rate them all for comparison.

Damond Motorsports PSMM:
Quality: 10
Fit: 10
NVH: 10
Design: 10
Performance: 9

JBR PSMM:
Quality: 10
NVH: 8
Design: 9
Performance: 8

Steeda PSMM:
Quality: 9
NVH: 8
Design: 8
Performance: 8

Total:
DM PMM: 49
JBR PMM: 45
STEEDA PMM: 43

Now I will try to offer an explanation for each of these categories:

Quality:
Steeda was the lowest quality IMO, they scored lower because they used un-anodized aluminum for the upper portion of the mount.

Fit:
Fitment was similar on all mounts, Damond Motorsports sent a revised mount after initial beta test, it now fits as it should.

NVH:
Both the Steeda and JBR were similar in NVH, the DM PMM drastically reduced NVH immediately after install.

Design:
Steeda scored the lowest here due to using a 2-Piece (HALVES) bushing design, DM scored the highest here based on what i feel is a superior motor mount design over stock (similar to TTR design but still better IMO).

Performance:
This was based on wheel-hop and movement felt during acceleration/deceleration, all the mounts helped to reduce wheel-hop, all the mounts improved the planted feeling you get after installing them, there are firmer mounts available which is why non of them scored a 10, the DM PSMM scored higher here because there is a noticeable reduction in vibrations felt during hard deceleration with this mount vs both the Steeda & JBR.

Conclusion:
Damond Motorsports has revised the mount since initial beta testing, it now fits perfectly.
I have sold my other mounts, I will be using the Damond Motorsport PSMM from here on out, without question, it is simply an amazing motor mount.
I have a BSD and it now feels like I never removed it.
The car has well over 10K and it is running flawlessly with no signs of wear or rust.

Excellent Product so far @[email protected]

·
Registered
917 Posts
I currently have the JBR PSMM & TMM installed in my car along with a COBB RMM. Contemplating changing my setup some because the increase of NVH in the cabin has become a bit overwhelming, especially on long trips. Trying to find that sweet spot of comfort and performance seems like it can only be achieved through trial and error as everyone's tolerance for NVH is different. I'm thinking about going back to the stock TMM to see how much that helps. I appreciate your write up and critique.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I currently have the JBR PSMM & TMM installed in my car along with a COBB RMM. Contemplating changing my setup some because the increase of NVH in the cabin has become a bit overwhelming, especially on long trips. Trying to find that sweet spot of comfort and performance seems like it can only be achieved through trial and error as everyone's tolerance for NVH is different. I'm thinking about going back to the stock TMM to see how much that helps. I appreciate your write up and critique.
Thanks,

DM PSMM will reduce NVH when compared to the JBR and is still substantially firmer than stock. What they will do in comparison on a track, I can't speak too, but for daily driving I'm all for DM and reduced NVH.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Any word on when DM will be releasing mounts for the ST? I just checked their website and nothing showing as of yet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks,

DM PSMM will reduce NVH when compared to the JBR and is still substantially firmer than stock. What they will do in comparison on a track, I can't speak too, but for daily driving I'm all for DM and reduced NVH.
What other mounts are you using (TSMM & RMM)?? Maybe I missed it somewhere...

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Sounds like a quality product. Especially like the reduction of NVH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
CPE2 RMM, Steeda TMM, 70Duro
Good deal, thanks! I've got the CPE stage 2 Rmm, just trying to decide on the rest of them. I'm not sure if Damond has a TSMM in the works but the C-PE mount looks pretty nice. Now it's just finding the right mix for performance and minimal NVH.....

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would love to have a rating of this one vs the TTR for both NVH and performance.

BTW, I see DM is now releasing this mount. Do you know if they corrected the fitment issue?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would love to have a rating of this one vs the TTR for both NVH and performance.

BTW, I see DM is now releasing this mount. Do you know if they corrected the fitment issue?
Issue has been fixed, highly recommend buying it, last passenger side mount I'll ever buy.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My James Barone Racing psmm was not even noticeable when I installed as far as vibes but I felt a difference in how connected the car felt. I guess every car is different..

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No I do not. But when I installed I had the 88 JBR rmm and the tsmm
The BSD might be the reason you didn't notice as much of a difference between stock and the JBR's as I did.

For me there was a significant reduction in NVH when I installed the Damond in place of the JBR driver side mount with the BSD.

·
Registered
273 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts