Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when in my parking garage or even say a parking lot or just crusing with low rpms I will occasionally hear a weird sound from my Boomba BOV. It will do the typical small vta sound but then occasionally it's like a sucking sound for half a second giving the gas pedal a tiny tiny bit more pressure than say resting your foot on it. It sounds like pssssht then wisssssshup. I will quickly punch the peddle sometimes after I hear it to make sure it closes when I give it throttle and it sounds like it's snapping shut because it stops exhaling. Anybody have the same thing happening or is this abnormal?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I think if it starts to vent and you get back on the throttle lightly it will not close completely for a few seconds. I wouldn't worry about it

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
So when in my parking garage or even say a parking lot or just crusing with low rpms I will occasionally hear a weird sound from my Boomba BOV. It will do the typical small vta sound but then occasionally it's like a sucking sound for half a second giving the gas pedal a tiny tiny bit more pressure than say resting your foot on it. It sounds like pssssht then wisssssshup. I will quickly punch the peddle sometimes after I hear it to make sure it closes when I give it throttle and it sounds like it's snapping shut because it stops exhaling. Anybody have the same thing happening or is this abnormal?
This is fine. It's basically when you're on the threshold of releasing pressure (Roughly -2.0 psi or so) and just lightly on the throttle...so when you let off a hair but stay on the throttle it tries to release then kinda realizes it doesn't need to. When you're that low of pressure however it doesn't make any difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts