Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday this happened for the third time. I live on a busy corner and often have to u-turn when coming home and since the turn radius on these cars blow I can never make the full turn on the street with out having to back up and then finish my turn. The whole time my rear end hanging out there for some moron to fly around the corner and hit me which I have had a few close calls. This sometimes causes me to gas it into reverse a little too much and when I do that my exhaust makes and bit up a pop or like it is pushing a higher volume of exhaust out at that moment and I will get the engine fault warning on my dash. I turn the car off and back on and all is well.

Stratified tweaked my tune to remedy this, but it apparently is still an issue. Any idea what is causing this or if Stratified needs to look into this gain? They tweaked it once, but my crackles and pops almost disappeared. Then they tweaked it again and everything was good for almost 2 months. This situation doesn't arise often and I assume I could just gas it into reverse a little less exuberantly.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
126 Posts
So yesterday this happened for the third time. I live on a busy corner and often have to u-turn when coming home and since the turn radius on these cars blow I can never make the full turn on the street with out having to back up and then finish my turn. The whole time my rear end hanging out there for some moron to fly around the corner and hit me which I have had a few close calls. This sometimes causes me to gas it into reverse a little too much and when I do that my exhaust makes and bit up a pop or like it is pushing a higher volume of exhaust out at that moment and I will get the engine fault warning on my dash. I turn the car off and back on and all is well.

Stratified tweaked my tune to remedy this, but it apparently is still an issue. Any idea what is causing this or if Stratified needs to look into this gain? They tweaked it once, but my crackles and pops almost disappeared. Then they tweaked it again and everything was good for almost 2 months. This situation doesn't arise often and I assume I could just gas it into reverse a little less exuberantly.

Thoughts?
What code are you getting?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wonder how the fuel pump is doing.
Alex is a a busy dude, give him some time.
This is the first time I have tagged him in a while. I know he is busy. Fuel pump huh? This only happens sometimes during a reverse where I punch it pretty quickly.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I'm no expert, but I feel as though given the name of the code it might be something freaking out in the computer because our cars are torque limited (hence why we have those targets that once met we don't make further power) and maybe in reverse if you make hella torque in reverse it flips its lid? Just an educated guess

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: Unfitproduct
1 - 10 of 10 Posts