Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I need some help bad. I am looking to see if anyone has a spare stock reverse lockout link from their shifter. I need the longer stock on otherwise I will have to purchase a whole new unit just for this little clip :(

PM for price

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey everyone! I need some help bad. I am looking to see if anyone has a spare stock reverse lockout link from their shifter. I need the longer stock on otherwise I will have to purchase a whole new unit just for this little clip :(

PM for price
What happened to yours if I might ask?

Sucks that they don't sell any of these pieces individually...

·
Administrator
11,864 Posts

PM for price
Use a ty-wrap, adjust as necessary. Clip off the remainder

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use a ty-wrap, adjust as necessary. Clip off the remainder
hmm i did not even think about that! thank you. Do you think I will need 2 of them? Im sure ill jimmy it to the best as i can. Whole lot better than buying a $115 unit

·
Administrator
11,864 Posts
I lost my stock one when I put the boomba one in :(
Lol, well its just a connection that lifts, so a wire tie, ty-wrap, zip-tie, whatever you want to call it works just fine. And has plenty of adjustment.

I have been rocking a ty-wrap on my reduced height, and cut reverse lockout set-up for probably 40k miles at this point. It's a proven technique, that I am probably the only person to use, rofl.

I went to it because I wanted the shortest linkage possible with my custom set-up.

Just pop your shifter boot, and attach the zip-tie between the reverse lockout collar and the reverse lockout itself, adjust as it seems fit. Start loose then work tight, you do not need to re-install the boot completely to check for functionality, so you can install, and fine tune in a jiffy. Problem solved.

Just one. All it does is lift the small plastic lockout. Carry a spare in your glovebox if you are worried. I carry spares of too much stuff, at this point.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol, well its just a connection that lifts, so a wire tie, ty-wrap, zip-tie, whatever you want to call it works just fine. And has plenty of adjustment.

I have been rocking a ty-wrap on my reduced height, and cut reverse lockout set-up for probably 40k miles at this point. It's a proven technique, that I am probably the only person to use, rofl.

I went to it because I wanted the shortest linkage possible with my custom set-up.

Just pop your shifter boot, and attach the zip-tie between the reverse lockout collar and the reverse lockout itself, adjust as it seems fit. Start loose then work tight, you do not need to re-install the boot completely to check for functionality, so you can install, and fine tune in a jiffy. Problem solved.

Just one. All it does is lift the small plastic lockout. Carry a spare in your glovebox if you are worried. I carry spares of too much stuff, at this point.
Ok awesome. I see what you mean. Thank you! I also had someone say they could possibly 3d print their stock one but I may just do this instead haha. not sure how good a 3d printed one would work haha

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Ok awesome. I see what you mean. Thank you! I also had someone say they could possibly 3d print their stock one but I may just do this instead haha. not sure how good a 3d printed one would work haha
3d printing the part sounds like it would actually work really well. From what I understand about 3d printers you would basically get a direct OEM replacement. Its going to be amazing when those things are accessibly everywhere and the fact some offered that to you tells me we are close.

But a zip tie should work just as good too.

·
Registered
660 Posts

Pics or it didn't happen! @Theillestjerm I wouldn't take advice from a guy who is holding his car together with zip ties!

Just kidding, @Duece McCracken is a great guy and knows what he is talking about. BTW, @Duece McCracken, how close am I to getting banned now?

Reactions: Theillestjerm

·
Super Moderator
9,529 Posts
I've been using wire ties since I cut down my shifter; works just fine.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts

·
Administrator
11,864 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen! @Theillestjerm I wouldn't take advice from a guy who is holding his car together with zip ties!

Just kidding, @Duece McCracken is a great guy and knows what he is talking about. BTW, @Duece McCracken, how close am I to getting banned now?
If my math is right you are another 7/8 inch closer to ban now
He's not worth the ban hammer. Im just going to start editing his sig, profile, status, and posts. Which will be way more entertaining.

·
Registered
660 Posts
If my math is right you are another 7/8 inch closer to ban now
7/8 units or thingies, not inches. Get it right! And what happened to the Pens stuff in your signature you quitter!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
7/8 units or thingies, not inches. Get it right! And what happened to the Pens stuff in your signature you quitter!
Wait a minute what did happen to the stuff in my sig?! Lol was this the work of @Duece McCracken or did it just for some reason default to an older signature for some reason?

Edit: Okay, wtf. My signature still has everything when I go into "edit settings." Like it still has:

"LETS GO PENS"

Added a space so it shows up as bbcode. Why is it randomly not showing?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha thanks everyone. This has literally saved me time and money. I have the mountune shift arm with the boomba lever which is like a death trap ha. From what I heard the mountune arm should only be paired with the stock lever. Can someone confirm this once more?

The mountune arm with short boomba lever only allows you to use position 3 and even that is a little janky. 1 and 2 are completely stuck.

·
Administrator
11,864 Posts
haha thanks everyone. This has literally saved me time and money. I have the mountune shift arm with the boomba lever which is like a death trap ha. From what I heard the mountune arm should only be paired with the stock lever. Can someone confirm this once more?

The mountune arm with short boomba lever only allows you to use position 3 and even that is a little janky. 1 and 2 are completely stuck.
I have limited experience with the mountune arm. I do run a boomba sts and have ran it with cobb, breedt, and jbr. Never had any issues. I find that when you start shortening everything up, a heavier shift knob helps equal out the force equation. Im talking over 400 grams.

What do you mean by stuck? Like wont engage at all? Too much reduction?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have limited experience with the mountune arm. I do run a boomba sts and have ran it with cobb, breedt, and jbr. Never had any issues. I find that when you start shortening everything up, a heavier shift knob helps equal out the force equation. Im talking over 400 grams.

What do you mean by stuck? Like wont engage at all? Too much reduction?
Yea position 1 and 2 on the boomba lever does not engage at all with the mountune arm. Im gonna pull the console out today and I will take a few pics or even videos.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts