Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am looking for some bright reverse light bulbs and wanted you success storied of them not throw codes, fitting, and being bright. I think LED might be best as HID is kind of over the top.

Let me know!

P.S. I searched and it seemed to be all over the place or just to buy from DD which is pricey.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I don't want to go with DD, do I need to look for "error free" or a certain chip set or anything?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont think you have to worry about getting the error with the reverse lights but if you want to be safe just see if what you get have some sort of verbage about being CANBUS error free.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: elyk864

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Reactions: W4R

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've had these for about a year. They are about twice as bright as stock and are plug and play. I've had a couple people comment on how bright they are; a guy at a wheel repair place said they blinded him when someone else was backing my car into a stall.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HRI948Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I went the amazon route and got a similar set. So far so good! They are much, much brighter and actually light up the area behind me when backing up. So long stock bulbs!

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
said they blinded him

This would be nice if someone was tailing you since we can turn on our reverse lights at any time/speed.
You can, i do this all the time when there is a tailgater behind me. Or traffic is all jammed up on I5 and someone is coming up to quick on my six and i need to grab their attention or after I pass a fellow ST and want to say "hello".

Just push in the clutch and put it in Reverse, after 2 seconds or so your bright reverse lights will illuminate sending the message you wanted to send.

Works every time

Disclaimer: IF YOU LET THE CLUTCH OUT WHILE YOUR VEHICLE IS IN A FORWARD MOTION AND YOUR CAR IS IN REVERSE GEAR, VERY BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
if you want to flash the person behind you, DO NOT PUT THE CAR INTO REVERSE while moving forward, you just need to pull up on the locking ring and slide the shifter to the left while still staying in neutral. actually shifting into reverse while moving forward (especially at speed) can cause damage to the transmission.

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
That's what i ment, lol going back and reading it now i didnt do a good job of explaining it. Lol

Reactions: chronos

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
@1LoudST @deadmilenko dude I do this to tailgaters all the time. One time I did it to my buddy and he was absolutely ecstatic when we pulled into the restaurant we were going to. He was like "WTF IF YOU WOULD HAVE LET YOUR CLUTCH OUT YOUR TRANSMISSION WOULD BE A FEW MILES BACK" and I didn't care to tell him how I did it :lol:

Oh, and @RoachRage ...thanks for making me spend $10 I didn't want to spend. The testimony, plus the reviews, plus being $10...they'll be here Monday. :RockOn:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Thanks again for the link, great buy for sure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
And the best part is they don't need resistors like the blinkers and brakes. You just saved another $20! Do I get a percentage?

·
Registered
78 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts